Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • a complete wasted weekend. (i hate bank holidays).
  • ton

anyone else?
    hate em, hate the feeling of having to do something, hate it when i do decide to do something it is busy, hate feeling guilty because i have wasted the weekend.

i want the time off when i want to choose, not just because it is a bank holiday. 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, brilliant one here.

Feel your pain though, we’ve all had shit ones.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote lost for Jezza, then?

😆

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Wow, your glass is definitely half empty.

Drac

I’ve been at work it’s just another weekend.

tthew

Nope.

Been for 2 bike rides, one most of the day-er, and a couple of hours with the missis including a pub stop. Watched Guardians of the Galaxy which was hardly Shakespeare, but decent comedy. Tea at the reopened local, which is miles better than the pretentious version that closed last year. Fixed the door sensor on my van, I’m just going to put the panel back on now I’m sure it works. Done a minimum amount of decorating and other tedious crap.

Bring on the next one at the end of this month!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been at work it’s just another weekend.

+1

Went for a post work ride and wondered why it was so quiet on the roads and why the local country park was so rammed with families and teenagers.

spekkie
    Free Member

What’s not to love about long weekends?

An extra 24hrs to do anything you want, or nothing at all or somewhere in between. BONUS.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Pub Friday night
    Brixham Pirate Festival, BMAD festival and a 65th birthday party on Saturday
    Rock Band at the local and a Lemonfest warm up party Sunday.

I definitely needed a long weekend to squeeze a ride in!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a blinder. Both kids out today so me and Mrs ws had 5 whole hours together. Dog walk to the pub was possibly the best couple of hours I’ve had this year.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Great weekend here. Watched the ladies race on Saturday then cycled to a beer festival in the afternoon, yesterday was spent on my first attempt at all grain brewing and then today a great ploddy 40 mile bimble with the better half, complete with mid point pub lunch stop. Couldn’t be better to be honest.

Esme
    Free Member

Is it Groundhog Day?

Drac

Dog walk to the pub was possibly the best couple of hours I’ve had this year.

No cows?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I work most of them,not May Bank Holiday though.Oulton Park BSB my favourite bike race meeting,love it!!

scotroutes

I had a nice drive to John O’Groats and back, picking up six elderly ladies who’d just cycled there from Inverness over 4 days. The total cost of their bikes would be less than one of mine – but they had a great time.

I love it seeing happy customers, so it was a good day for me.

flaps
    Free Member

Mine started shite but then has been brill!
    Planned on getting out on the bike Sat morning, but my rear tyre was down so had to fight the Rock Razor to get it off (seems very tight) and then to get it back on (snapped another tyre lever!) then the replacement tube wouldn’t inflate, it was split already. Not sure if I did it or it was faulty so I had a trip back to the bike shop to get another, then the battle replacing the tyre was back on. I was that pissed off by the time that i’d done that I abandoned the ride.
    The rest of the day was spent with the folks at a beer festival and Thai restaurant which was brill. I went for a ride on Sunday and then today have been to the local park with the kids and pub for tea. I’m now supposed to be preparing for tomorrow but instead i’m on here and watching ‘Forged in Fire’ on Blaze TV, lol.
    Good one here!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Good weekend, smashed out rides Sat and Sun, good food n drink and a limp round Friston with rubbish legs today.

onehundredthidiot

5417 missus went down with the flu on Thursday. I followed suit Friday. Guess I’ll make it to work tomorrow.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Nope. Also had a nice weekend. Anytime off work is good by me! Saturday morning spent looking at new kitchens then the afternoon shopping with the family followed by a quick two hour session on the road bike. Sunday morning a big ride on the road bike and the afternoon spent at a local bar/club/live venue’s grand opening of the Biergarten with live bands and stuff for the kids. A BBQ in the evening with some friends round. Today a couple of hours on the MTB hooning around the local trails and the afternoon spent helping die Kleinen Sternen with their homework. Actually, thinking about it, I’m exhausted. 😯

Sandwich

I worked Saturday and Sunday, I was paid to ride my bike on Sunday so not all bad. Off today and got the chores done plus changed the rear calipers on the ratty Saab.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like it but I am behind my work … 😆

sandboy

I used to think that’s what Bank Holidays were for. It’s only recently I have learned there are other things to be done than spend 3 1/2 days in the Pub!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Bank holiday, pah, I’m not back in work until next Tuesday. Wooooooooooo

zippykona

My weekend is Sunday,Monday.
    I don’t get bank holidays.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Took the young un a walk up a splendid wee hill, was 20 deg, had to stop for ice lollies on way home.

Grand.

iainc

Big day round Menstrie Glen, Kippenrait and Mine Woods. Dusty trails and wall to wall sunshine 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Absolutely the crappest May bank holiday wev’e ever had.
    Mrs Futtock has a hospital appointment on Wednesday which is more than very important, so we had to cancel our usual week in Ft William for the SSDT.
    Apart from that, she/we are shitting bricks at what the CT scan on Wednesday will show.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best of luck essel. Fingers crossed here…..

toby1

Would usually love them, this one though has been an example in ManFlu, so it has sucked!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nope. Great weekend.
    Twickenham fir the Army V Navy Rugby.
    Caught up iwith lots of old squaddie Pals.
    Then riding out today catching up with Steve now he’s back from New Zealand.
    Spent the afternoon looking at bathrooms, but somehow ended up buying new sofas fir the living room..
    All in all?
    A bloody expensive, but great weekend.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Still time to rescue it Ton, have a ****!

somafunk

Sounds like all the pressure you feel towards Bank holidays is self inflicted, if you don’t feel like doing anything then sit at home/in your garden and do absolutly nothing – not wasted time in the slightest as you should treat it as down time for your mind n’ body, some of my best days ever have involved just myself and my thoughts whilst daydreaming in the back garden.

On the other hand if you wish to do something then why wait till a bank holiday weekend, work is never that important that you can’t take a day off to do whatever you want.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

work is never that important that you can’t take a day off to do whatever you want.

Ha Ha feckn Ha. Don’t join the prison service if you think It’s that easy to get a day off then.

I’m not actually sure if I’m on block leave or sick, I’ll let you know after Wednesday.

mikey74
    Free Member

I spent the whole weekend revising.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Went down with stomach flu on Friday eve…I somehow managed a twenty mile pub ride outing yesterday, ended up in bed and slept thirteen hours straight.

I’ve no idea how I managed it, but I fell down the stairs at a motorway service station in my way home.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s what you make of it. Some people take a lot of time to prepare to hate the bank holiday, deciding before to starts it’s going to be crap. Enjoy the time off.

CountZero

anyone else?
    hate em, hate the feeling of having to do something, hate it when i do decide to do something it is busy, hate feeling guilty because i have wasted the weekend.

i want the time off when i want to choose, not just because it is a bank holiday.
    No time to yourself is wasted, you don’t have to go places that are busy; Saturday was a usual Saturday, yesterday I had a wander round Bath because the weather was shitty, and it’s usually quieter on a Sunday, found four CD’s in HMV I wasn’t expecting to find, saved having to go onto Amazon, and today I went to West Woods near Marlborough to see what the bluebells were like, and despite the heavy showers it was lovely over there – despite lots of cars parked up I hardly saw a soul away from the car park! It was quiet, there were birds singing everywhere, the air was full of the scent of bluebells.
    Then I drove back to Avebury for a pint.
    It was a great weekend, what I did was on my terms, and I was enjoying myself. If all I’d done was sit drinking beer and mugs of tea reading some of the pile of books I’ve accumulated it wouldn’t be wasted, or even just finding a high bit of ground with a great view, and sitting just looking at the view and watching clouds wouldn’t be a waste of time, it’s time resting, being busy all the time isn’t healthy.

el_boufador

Mine was great.
    Proper early doors swift local ride Saturday, down to Nottingham to see old friends Saturday, saw my sis and new baby sunday and did a few chores. Amazing bluebells walk today and an unexpected alfresco meal / listened to banging techno at the neighbours tonight. Spot on selection of stuff!

oldnpastit

Great. Church weekend away was an excuse for a 100km road ride there, and another insanely windy one on the way back. Then another ride around Woburn today. Then watching GoG2 at the cinema this evening with one of my kids.

EDIT: although sometimes as the OP says, it sucks, and you do nothing and wind up feeling frustrated.

MrOvershoot

somafunk – Member
    work is never that important that you can’t take a day off to do whatever you want.

10 minutes before going for a ride today I had a call from work
    Now I could have just about postponed going in for 2 hrs but would have been risking getting home very late & causing a whole heap of people to also spend their BH stuck at work waiting for me to sort the problem.
    On top of that my wife’s carers didn’t show up 👿 so she was stuck in bed till 3pm when I got back from work.
    I’m sure its possible in office type jobs where when you go home that’s it, but working in food manufacturing is very much 24/7

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘a complete wasted weekend. (i hate bank holidays).’ is closed to new replies.