• This topic has 26 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • A cause 50% of us could all get behind…
  • DM52
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

it’s disgusting! simply vile!!!111oneoneone

DezB
    Free Member

Take or leave it meself

CountZero

Obvious jokes are too obvious.
    I’ll bet The Mail has something to say about it… 🙄

fervouredimage
    Free Member

“We plan to talk to the makers of Marmite about how we can work together on animal welfare.”

Interesting relationship.

richpips
    Free Member

Veiled protesting by Vegemite lovers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We plan to talk to the makers of Marmite about how we can work together on animal welfare

Marmite’s part of the Unilever group, which makes amongst other things soap and cosmetics. Which will contain ingredients which at some point have been tested on animals*. It sounds like RSPCA basicaly saying “pay us a load of money and we’ll launder** your reputation by issuing a more definitive statement”.

*as will the ingredients in BodyShop and Lush

**see what I did there?

wwaswas

Having heard on the radio this morning how the RSPCA invent cruelty cases that they can take to court because they get money from the publicity I’d be very wary of anything they say on this matter.

martinhutch

Is it possible for the RSPCA to sound any more sanctimonious in such a short statement?

250 complaints in a day? What the heck is wrong with people?

Flaperon

No time for the RSPCA at all – a badly managed charity staffed by failed traffic wardens, and it’s one of the worst for outrageous chief exec pay, something like a quarter of a million last time I looked. Plenty of more worthwhile places to put your money.

This is perhaps one of the clearest signs of their misguided priorities, since it’s OBVIOUS that it’s a tongue in cheek advert and the only people being offended are the sort of people I don’t give a toss about anyway.

_tom_
    Free Member

Great advert 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

250 complaints in a day? What the heck is wrong with people?

Complainings too easy these days, you used to have to write a letter or phone someone up, these days just click a link or ‘like’ a facebook page.

Hence why the ASA is viewing 250 complains as almost trivial rather than banning the advert like it would ave done if it had 250 complaints 15 years ago.

Cougar

The RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) said it understood that “animal lovers are concerned on our behalf”.

“We plan to talk to the makers of Marmite about how we can work together on animal welfare.”

I’ve now got a mental image of Greenpeace recovering sea birds from oil slicks, only with Marmite and kittens.

stumpyjon

Well as an ad it’s worked rather well, we’re discussing it on a bike forum.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great advert – humour, silliness, self deprecation and good for brand awareness.

Can we also vote it ad of the year to counter the objectors?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I liked the pixelated dog face.

GrahamS

self deprecation

Yeah Marmite have an interesting approach to advertising which seems to be “quite a lot of people think Marmite is minging” and has now added “most people have a jar hiding at the back of a cupboard somewhere because they bought some once as an experiment and realised it was minging, but Marmite never ever goes off so they can’t chuck it out”.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Good things about living in Scotland #1854737272759793 – no RSPCA.

GrahamS

Is the SSPCA better?

MSP

The complaints were probably rigged and all part of the marketing campaign.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Brilliant!

The 250 complainants should be taken out and shot in front of their families. Preferably with a very small calibre weapon. In the knees.

So that I’m not labelled irresponsible I’d like to add that the shooter should be wearing ear and eye protection and ensure his backstop is suitable for the calibre being used.

piemonster

I liked the pixelated dog face.

Plus one,a good advert well executed.

You Marmite likers are all vile filth mongers btw.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I will complain too! the standard of driving in that was truly unacceptable. you cannot just mount the curb like that

DM52
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23616465

I suppose all publicity is good publicity and to keep Marmite in the national news for a couple more days at the cost of £18000 I guess it is a fairly cheap deal.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mmmm marmite on crumpets…

globalti
    Free Member

Marmite in real gravy……

mt
    Free Member

great advert. Complaints my ar.e.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘A cause 50% of us could all get behind…’ is closed to new replies.