Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • A career after teaching
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I quit full time primary teaching in 2000. Nowt but supply, maybe a short maternity leave or nervous breakdown cover etc now. Get the good schools, do a good job regarding classroom management and you pick and choose.
    I do fancy a clean break but as my only qualification is an Outdoor Ed degree and I am 54 with aches and pains, I don’t see that taking me far. Supply can be fine once you get your self well known.

deev
    Free Member

60 hour weeks, huge amounts of pressure and unrealistic expectations

These issues are exclusive to the teaching profession and in private industry she will experience none of the above and have similar holidays and pension benefits. Oh, wait…

hammerite
    Free Member

These issues are exclusive to the teaching profession and in private industry she will experience none of the above and have similar holidays and pension benefits. Oh, wait…

The difference is that these issues are the case for pretty much all teachers. The same is not the case for the huge range of jobs/careers available in the private sector.

I’m not sure anyone who was trying to avoid those things would be silly enough to leave a job with those pressures. Then jump straight in to one with exactly the same workload and pressures!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘A career after teaching’ is closed to new replies.