• This topic has 84 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • A breakthrough in the McCann case?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I comment on the back of my Sister running away from home at 16 and it took us 2 years hard graft to find out she’d run away to a convent..
    No note.
    Nadda..
    😐

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

On the contrary, surely such comments are more likely to come from those who wouldn’t leave their own kids in similar circumstances

Spot on.

They are selfish, foolish idiots.

A terrible price to pay for it, but there it is, they are complete twunts.

ianv
    Free Member

Piers Morgan and Dustin Hoffman.

officialtob
    Free Member

I can’t see where anyone has been nasty or spiteful to the victim. And this is what the case is about, THE VICTIM.

Are the parents not also victims to some extent?

Junkyard
    Free Member

surely such comments are more likely to come from those who wouldn’t leave their own kids in similar circumstances.

I suspect much of this is down to what happened to them rather than no one else has ever done such a thing

IIRC lots of holiday companies [ used to I assume]do patrols and let you know when your kids are crying so to suggest this has not changed many folks behaviour is not likely to be true

They are selfish, foolish idiots.

A terrible price to pay for it, but there it is, they are complete twunts

Just like someone who left their front door unlocked or a bike on a car or an alone female in a short skirt walking home at night their behaviour MAY have contributed to them being the victim of a crime [ everyone had to do something to be a victim if you want to go far enough ] but the person who did the crime is to blame not the victim.
    They have lost their daughter your scorn is nothing compared to that

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

No, it is not like those examples at all.

Parents have to make decisions for their kids, its called responsibility, as in you are responsible for your kids. Its just how it works. And that is why they are selfish twunts, they were not thinking of their kids.
    I only scorn their irresponsibleness. It couldn’t have worked out worse for them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you are saying I am not responsible for my bike then , my front door and the lone female for her own safety 😕

I am pretty sure they did think their kids would be safe.
    Clearly they were wrong in their assessment and I pity them for the consequences rather than insult them.

RichPenny
    Free Member

The spiteful comments probably come from ****

QFT

compositepro
    Free Member

I am pretty sure they did think their kids would be safe.

but didn’t think to take them along to the tapas bar?

BigJohn

Leaving young kids in holiday apartments, asleep, is what millions of holidaymakers have done for years. Statistically it’s far safer than having them running about with the parents. It just went tragically wrong this time…
    [conspiracy mode] …or did it? [/conspiracy mode]

mulv1976
    Free Member

I have a two year old and a five year old. I would never, ever think of leaving them alone even if they were asleep in the next building. They would be terrified if they woke up and no one was in the house.

It’s a terrible thing to happen and I hope they get their child back. I wouldn’t wish what has happened to them on anyone, but I can’t understand why they would leave her in the first place.

I do agree that if this was a council estate couple on benefits instead of a middle class pair of GPs, the mail would have hung, drawn and quartered them by now…

compositepro
    Free Member

[conspiracy mode] …or did it? [/conspiracy mode]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Shannon_Matthews

Leaving young kids in holiday apartments, asleep, is what millions of holidaymakers have done for years.

A bit like leaving your belongings whilst the night security guy rings his mates to bob round and do the appartment over, yes it does happen

crikey
    Free Member

A bit like leaving your kids at home then going to the pub; perfectly acceptable behaviour said no one at all, ever.

scotroutes

BigJohn – are you saying that, statistically, it was the parents?

hora
    Free Member

The e-fit. Last night I met a friends brother for the first time. No way I could even attempt to visualise him. Unless h had attacked or threatened me. Walked past? No a chance. If I saw him again though I’d recognise him.

Leave the mcCanns alone. They made a mistake.

Dickyboy

man seen carrying child from apartment & this has only just come to light…surely the witness would have come forward / gone to press before the passage of such time

teethgrinder

They are guilty of something, we are just split into two camps as to what they are guilty of.
    Edit…perhaps the man seen carrying a child was carrying his own child back from a restaurant.

scotroutes

Someone might be able to explain; the police now say they are looking at a “different timeline”, now concentrating on the gap between the McCanns leaving the apartment and Kate McCann returning. What were they looking at before?

IanW
    Free Member

What a bunch of unpleasant c*cks hang around on this forum.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They are guilty of something, we are just split into two camps as to what they are guilty of.

Is this true for all victims of crime?

takisawa2

Christ, this place sinks lower & lower every day.
    Some of these comments are terrible.
    FFS, read them back to yourselves will you… 😐

officialtob
    Free Member

FFS, read them back to yourselves will you…

+1.

I’m out.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Indeed.
    I think the Mods should consider a policy of just blocking mccann threads as soon as they start. Not sure why but they really seem to bring out the worst rather than the best in people.

johnellison
    Free Member

What a bunch of unpleasant c*cks hang around on this forum.

There’s quite a number of bleeding-heart weepy hand-wringers, too.

I think the Mods should consider a policy of just blocking mccann threads as soon as they start.

Agreed.

scotroutes

Are there other topics of conversation you’d like to censor too? I’m wondering what it is about this case (rather than, say, Jimmy Saville) that causes folk to react like you you have.

Northwind

Basically anything that turns people into total ****.

toys19
    Free Member

FFS, read them back to yourselves will you…

+1.
    I’m out.

+1billion.

valleyman
    Free Member

as a parent you cannot begin to imagine what they have and are going through.

the scariest part of the whole affair is when gerry went back the last time to check and after the event he reflected back and remembered the bedroom door was not as he left it but madelaine was still in bed.

(as in he thinks he distrubed whoever took her and they were hiding in the room!)

also it was the night before they were leaving and had left them numerous nights…. so was it just luck or did the abductor know!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Threads like this give people with low self-worth the opportunity to exhibit a sense of superiority as they sit in judgement of others.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m wondering what it is about this case (rather than, say, Jimmy Saville) that causes folk to react like you you have

I am wondering if there is no subject sensitive enough for you to refrain and wind it in or will you just change your log in again?

scotroutes

That’s no way to refer to IanW – or yourself.

iolo
    Free Member

This thread was not started for this foul crap.
    It was to highlight how it could possible to suddenly have new evidence at this time which came from someones memory.
    Mods, please close it.

scotroutes

iolo – Member – Quote
    This thread was not started for this foul crap.
    It was to highlight how it could possible to suddenly have new evidence at this time which came from someones memory.

I’d still like an answer to my question regarding the change of “timeline”, if anyone understands this too. It would seem obvious to have looked at the gap in time between the parents visits?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Are the parents not also victims to some extent?

I think that has yet to be decided hasn’t it?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think it might be useful if we divulge how many children we have.

2 adults, 1 teen for me.

CountZero

ernie_lynch – Member
    Threads like this give people with low self-worth the opportunity to exhibit a sense of superiority as they sit in judgement of others.

Absolutely.
    And as far as missing children on holiday is concerned, the other one that springs immediately to mind is Ben Needham.
    There have been others, but my memory is flaky at the best of times. I certainly don’t recall the level of abuse aimed at Ben’s parents, but then, there were no Internet fora back then, and I suspect the fact that his parents weren’t middle-class doctors might have had something to do with it…

Ben Needham (born 29 October 1989 in Sheffield) disappeared on 24 July 1991 at the age of 21 months from the Greek island of Kos.[1] Despite numerous reported sightings over the years, no trace of the British child has ever been found.[2] It is one of the longest missing persons cases in British history.[2]
    Disappearance[edit]

Ben Needham had been holidaying with his parents on Kos[3] (to which his maternal grandparents had emigrated) in the village of Iraklise when he went missing on 24 July 1991.
    On the day of his disappearance Ben had been left in the care of his grandparents while his mother went to work at a local hotel. He was playing outside a farmhouse the family were renovating when, at approximately 2:30 pm, the adults realised he had disappeared.[4]
    The family first searched the area for Ben, assuming he had wandered off, or that their teenage son, Stephen, had taken him out on his moped. When no trace of the boy was found, the police were notified. However, the police extensively questioned the Needhams, holding them as prime suspects, and delayed informing airports and docks.[5] Eventually they widened their search for the child.
    Notice any similarities?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No kids, but then I’ve not been vindictive so it don’t matter much.

As for the thread, keep it open I say, just the normal cross section of our divided opinions, nowt wrong with that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think that has yet to be decided hasn’t it?

I am fairly sure that they were the victim of a crime when they had their daughter abducted 🙄

Would you like to make a libellous and unfounded claim about their involvement like [some sectors of ]the media did and then paid out damages for?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I am fairly sure that they were the victim of a crime when they had their daughter abducted

They had their daughter abducted? Really? Have you told the Police about this? 😯 😯 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d still like an answer to my question regarding the change of “timeline”,

Why don’t you watch the show tonight? There might be answers there. Although, why you’re interested is beyond me as on the last thread on this subject, you had already decided that:

Regardless of who killed/abducted their daughter, they are firmly to blame.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘A breakthrough in the McCann case?’ is closed to new replies.