Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • a bit of stem angle and reach help please
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ey up , im planning on swapping the stem on my crosscheck to something to lift the bars. currently i have a 100mm -6 deg stem on but lots of spacers

id like to swap the stem and lose most of the spacers but not sure what to got for anyone know/work out how much height gain i would have with a +15 deg stem or a +35 deg stem and also i know they would shorten the reach to the bars if they were 100mm so id need longer. i would be happy loosing 10mm reach from bars to saddle but what length stem would be about right . any help would be great 😉 thanks

edit.. prob like to raise the bars 50/60mm and only reduce the reach by at most 10mm it that makes anymore sense thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

So you want to raise the bars but lose the spacers?

???

ampthill

Link

This will do the trick and to be honest its a job that would be hard to do any other way.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

realman yeah id rather do it with a stem and if i get a bigger rise one it will be better imo so i can lose some spacers. damn surly super short headtubes lol

thanks ampthill saves me buying a few stems 😉

GeForceJunky

Err, to start with why don’t you just turn the stem upside down?

firestarter
    Free Member

coolio a 35deg 120mm stem with a 10mm spacer will shorten the reach by 10mm and raise the bars 27mm , perfect 😉 thats the one i figured may be right but its handy to be sure

thanks very much

edit.. confused my self re the 50-60mm raising of bars lol i meant i had to lose that many spacers and still raise the bars. ta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘a bit of stem angle and reach help please’ is closed to new replies.