Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • A bit of a quandry at work – Your help would be appreciated
  • allyharp

If I was getting paid my usual rate to spend time cleaning a kitchen I'd be bloody delighted!

Of course that only works well if you're out the door at closing time every night. If it's the sort of place where your working hours are 'until the job is done' then you can do without such interruptions.

Thankfully my office have a full-time cleaner.

Northwind

Not a chance in hell I'd do it if I didn't use it. Simple alternative is to say "If you're not on the rota, you don't use the kitchen". THAT'S reasonable. Expecting other people to clean up your mess is not, and that's all this is.

Woody
    Free Member

Can I say Project, just for the record, you really are a special kind of dickhead aren't you

+1

Shop choice is pretty limited at midnight or 4 in the morning on a 12 hour shift during which I get two 1/2 hour breaks. Even if there is a shop open it is not exactly healthy to live on take-aways or sandwiches + at least 15 minutes to go and get it makes this a non-starter. Not everyone works 9-5 in a city office you muppet 🙄

hh45
    Free Member

With about 15 in our office our kitchen is pretty messy by 11AM but that is proabaly because people leave it for the cleaner who attends nightly. A cleaning rota for four teams sounds unenforceable so i would close the kitchen, maybe for a month and then give it another go. Use CCTV perhaps but probably not worth it. If people are too idle to clean up their own mess then they really can't expect a kitchen.

BTW, are the cleaning materials provided and kept in stock?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Why can't everybody who uses it just clean up when they have had their meal or finished cooking?

Amazes me how adults can be so disgusting and wallow in their own filth

Just chip in, get it all cleaned up and anyone who makes a mess gets banned if they can't be part of a decent society

hora
    Free Member

Amazes me how adults can be so disgusting and wallow in their own filth

I had this view in our work years ago. I actually binned any plates etc that were left on the side or in the sink.

Drastic but I was sick of the mould etc.

project
    Free Member

Barca, we as council tax payers pay you 21k and then you moan you cant clean up after yourselves, god help the poor council tax payers of your area.What hope for the so called service you provide.

Makes you almost want to vote conservative.

simon_g

If I was one of the people who didn't use the kitchen I'd be politely telling you to go away if you tried to make me clean up other people's mess. As someone else said, you'll look very silly indeed if you actually try to enforce it. Have a word with your boss, and convince him that it's a stupid idea (and is he really so light on actual work that he has time to draw up a rota like that?).

If it's a genuine health hazard and you're too tied up in bureaucracy to make the cleaner do their job, then just get rid of the facility completely. tbh, even where people are cleaning after themselves it'll still need some proper cleaning done once in a while to keep it hygenic.

simon_g

ps.

FFS would you leave your own microwave in a state

Yes, my cleaner comes once a week and does it 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I agree totally with TJ (I'm always agreeing with him lately!) I clean my own stuff up at work & point blank refuse to wash other peoples cups & plates that get left in the sink. I'll either wash one cup to use myself then wash it afterwards or use my own cheapo placky cup. I keep well away from our m/wave, I'ts a f**king health hazard.
    We have 'core cleaners' (prisoners who clean staff accessed areas) & I even tell them not to wash cups & plates left by staff as it's not their job. If one of our governers gave me a 'rota' to clean the kitchen area I'd have no problem telling him/her which finger to spin on.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Have another read Special Project, it says UP THERE that I'm not moaning, other people are.
    Can.You.Not.Do.Simple.Comprehension?

hora
    Free Member

I agree totally with TJ

Now I'm worried. Does that mean next? Picket line!

project
    Free Member

Barca, yes i agree youre not moaning about useing tax payers money which you recover to pay for you to clean the kitchen used by others.

Perhaps the council should withdraw the microwave,and not allow you to use the electric,but to put in a pay for food and tea vending machine that the hospital that i worked at had,we where not allowed a kettle ,toaster or microwave etc.

theboatman
    Free Member

Barca2 – Off topic mate, but cheers!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

I agree totally with TJ

😳 sorry 😳

Its not my fault I am right you know

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A bit of a quandry at work – Your help would be appreciated’ is closed to new replies.