Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • A bit harsh.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Skip to around 1:30.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiv0Rxilk8[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

allthepies
    Free Member

kids eh 🙄

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So what exactly was the problem? They overtook a couple of riders who happily stopped and moved aside for them.
    Not been to Cannock and if that’s the prevailing attitude i don’t think I’ll bother!

Gotama
    Free Member

Where is that? Looks like a great trail

allthepies
    Free Member

Here’s another vid from the same rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvbroRQgks NSFW etc (swearing content)

Nuff said 😆

falkirk-mark

Surprised they caught anybody mincing it down like that TBH.
    Edit he videos himself opening a parcel he sounds like a great night out.

JCL
    Free Member

A couple of squids with beards were holding them up so they barged by. What’s the option?, follow the nodders at 5mph all the way down the trail?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wow someone people stopped on the trail and when they saw some other riders they moved out the way

That is despicable behaviour ..it really is

EDIT: what i tend to do is be polite to them . stop ask if i can pass and thank them [ more likely i pull over at safe spot and let them pass me. if they try it when its dangerous I employ chaotic line choice and racing elbows

Its not exactly rocket science to work out tbh

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ll happily move out of the way, but if someone tries to barge me off the trail I’ll get annoyed and aggressive.

argoose
    Free Member

Oh, behave 🙄

scaredypants

I imagine the cameraman was cross because his mate was a lot faster

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What, for being annoyed at some clown trying to force me off a trail and potentially causing me trouble?

like i say, I’ll happily move over or stop for faster riders but if they try to cause me to crash I’ll be somewhat annoyed. Being faster than the rider in front doesn’t give you the right to be a dangerous prick – or should car drivers act like that on the road?

jamj1974

Don’t let these idiots convince you that is the way things are over at Cannock. Go there and have fun. You get thoughtless, ignorant idiots everywhere – by that I mean people who are inconsiderate and push past others regardless of safety and also those who block trails (Not the chaps caught up on the berm here…).

Live and let live is always best!

argoose
    Free Member

Racing elbows

deluded
    Free Member

Apart from the title of the clip, which conveys a knobbish attitude – this is a bit of a non event innit? – no problems with the actions of either party – unless I’m missing something?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Jamj – Cannock looks pretty good from that vid 🙂

Tbh I’ve not had that trouble at Gisburn or Whinlatter ,sometimes I’ve been the slower rider sometimes the faster one. Wouldn’t dream of trying to barge someone out of the way though and I’m the bloke who asks all stopped riders if everything is okay.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I didn’t see a problem on the vid, just the title shouted “self-entitled knob jockey” 🙂

argoose
    Free Member

@ MD +1
    Trail karma

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Yup 🙂

scaredypants

<guess>

1st lad got slightly told off for trying to push past. All sorted beofre the arrival of camera. Embellishment in telling the tale –> arsey title

JCL
    Free Member

Yeah I always ask if people are okay if they crash trying to get out of the way.

It’s only fair.

birdage

Here’s another vid from the same rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvbroRQgks NSFW etc (swearing content)

Nuff said

Fascinating!

Gets annoyed cause he can’t open the package with one hand and utters the immortal line ‘for anyone with an aversion to pure water’!

mikey74
    Free Member

I fail to see what the problem is. They caught up some slow riders, went past at a convenient place and rode on. What’s the problem?

Some people are far too sensitive, and looking for issues where there aren’t any.

JCL
    Free Member

Fixed 😉

In the UK people are far too sensitive, and looking for issues where there aren’t any.

swingbing
    Free Member

If you read the info about the vid on youtube the attitude problem is more evident. Strange given that the quickest of the riders that had stopped was faster than mr camera man.

It is annoying when people stop on a berm rather than somewhere out of the way. It’s doubly annoying when they the pull out in front of you.

Not so annoying that you need to post it on youtube with comments like that though.

jamj1974

…I’m the bloke who asks all stopped riders if everything is okay.

Me too Muddydwarf!

pingu66
    Free Member

No prob with the vid apart from the title shows what they are.

The second vid is sad, video opening a package that he doesn’t seem to know what he ordered and criticising the packaging because he is holding the camera with the other hand, sad tosser in my opinion.

swingbing
    Free Member

^Me three MD!^^

mikey74
    Free Member

I could understand it if they had taken that attitude out on the couple in question but, as far as I am aware, mouthing off to your mates later on in the pub, or on the internet, does not make you a criminal. A c**t maybe, but not a criminal.

Get over it and move on.

And yes, people stopping on the trail, or pulling out in front of you is incredibly annoying, especially if they are a lot slower than you.

How do you feel when a tractor pulls out in front of you on a nice bit of road?

swingbing
    Free Member

Like an opportunity for the next masterful overtaking manoeuvre has just presented itself. 🙂

How do you feel when the tractor has just parked itself sideways in the middle of the A14 whilst the driver has a refreshing glass of cider?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just read some of the comments on that vid..

oh dear what a silly little boy the vid maker is 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The guy on the video is clearly a **** moron.

“The Monkey Trail” at Cannock, cant say Ive ridden it, but it sounds like the sort of spot you’d expect to get held up by slow riders.

Why you’d want to ride your downhill bike down it is beyond me. Actually, its not, judging by his other videos in the Alps, he looks completely **** clueless with regards to riding ability.

If you want to ride your downhill bike fast, go to a downhill track, or build your own. Or mince round a trail centre on it because you havent got the balls, knowledge, motivation or technical ability to do the above.

tazzymtb

that they are entitled to be there and it’s my responsibility to overtake when safe to do so. 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

SingleTractorWorld anyone?

tazzymtb

oh and the rider in the vid minces like a flippin queen, I’d be embarrassed to post a vid of riding that gash 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes, the video is indeed pants, as is the riding, and the poster clearly has no clue. However, stopping on the trail, especially in the middle of a corner, is still not good, regardless of the type of trail.

Disclaimer: I can’t see what happened with the first rider before the cam guy gets there so some of the above may be irrelevant to this particular scenario.

scraprider
    Free Member

good job you wernt going that fast .

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘A bit harsh.’ is closed to new replies.