Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • a big apology to the 999 emergency people.
  • racefaceec90

as my locked phone in my rucksack decided to call 999 yesterday afternoon 😳
    i only had a clue about it as i started hearing an amplified voice coming from somewhere (i thought it was a display stand that was on the caen hill locks at first).

i eventually sussed that it was my phone (locked) ringing 999 😳

this is the second time it has done it (both times my phone was meant to be locked 😕

so i would like to apologise to them for wasting their time (not intentionally) i really didn’t mean to.

i plan on returning it and getting a clamshell one from tesco (if i can return it after 4-5 months.

chakaping
    Free Member

You should really ring them up personally to apologise.

Check your recently dialled numbers if you need the number.

😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

Most locked phones allow you to bypass the lock only for the purposes of making embarrassing accidental calls to the emergency services…

For this reason I had a clam or slide phone for most of my quite hazey 20s… It was the only way to be sure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

Back when I had a regular Nokia, probably a 3210, my phone rang, and it was a 999 person, asking if I’d called them. I couldn’t understand why they were asking, because my phone was locked, until they said that 999 calls can override the key lock… 😳
    I was very apologetic.

ninfan
    Free Member
    kastle
    Free Member

This happened to me recently. I have since started to turn my phone off while cycling until I need it or put it in my lunch box (It’s a Thomas the tank one if anyone is wondering).

twoniner
    Free Member

Most locked phones allow you to bypass the lock only for the purposes of making embarrassing accidental calls to the emergency services…

So it does, just tried. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘a big apology to the 999 emergency people.’ is closed to new replies.