Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • a beer question.. what is this..!!?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I tried some of this earlier.. what is it for..!?

It’s like a sickly, sticky fruit syrup affair.. with smooth bitter bubbles.. quite repulsive..

is it from a particular genre of beer that I can avoid like the plague..?

MrGrim

Poor troll

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

my friend can’t get enough of that stuff but he is half belgian. haven’t tried it myself though

john_drummer
    Free Member

I prefer their brun

I think you might call it a Belgian Blonde Ale. not sure if the monks are Trappists. Belgium has almost as many varieties of beer as Britain does, if not more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Radieuse is my pick of theirs. Although the 9 is rather interesting.

I_Ache
    Free Member

This must be a troll.

Leffe is a regular of mine, especially when watching F1. I always end up shouting at the telly just like my old man does when watching the football.

sc-xc

I tried one after reading about them here. I’m with yunki. Twas like drinking piss.

zilog6128

stop buying your beer in the supermarket

MrSmith
    Free Member

A bit bland, Mass produced and available in every supermarket. There are far better beers out there.

yunki
    Free Member

well.. I happened to be in need of a toilet break this afternoon, and we were plotted up very near to a wine bar..

In need of a swift half to aid and abet the imminent evacuation, and to legitimise my use of the wine bar’s toilet facilities, I bought this on a whim from their puny choice of draught beers..

On first taste I knew that any hope of a satisfaction was a long way off, as all my insides contracted and went into spasm as if poisoned..

a repugnant concoction

Garry_Lager

A foul brew IMHO – would take a can of tesco value bitter over leffe blond. It has an unpleasant sweetness, just don’t like that taste in ale.

CountZero

You could try the Chimay beers. The Bleu is 9%abv! The Rouge 7%, Blanche 8% and Doré 4.8%.
    Not like wee.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You went to a “wine bar” and drank their beer.

And then you presume to opine upon it?

Oh dear…..

singlespeedstu

Leffe Brun might be more to sirs taste.

Or are you more of a Special Brew kind of a guy? 😉

yunki
    Free Member

If I’m honest CFH.. wine bar might be a colloquialism for ‘overpriced pseudo pub what attracts aspirational tossers’

I only needed a poo for gawd’s sake..

This foul sugary muck has no place in any drinking establishment though, no matter how lowbrow and distasteful..

SSS – I’m fond of a bitterererer brew, although I’ll partake of a special brew on a special occasion..

Cougar

I suspect Leffe is to Belgian beers as Fosters is to Australian beers.

Nonetheless, it’s nice enough, though the Brun is better.

Also, no-one in this country can pronounce it; it’s “leff”, not “leffie”.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I got well hammered on that stuff on my stag do, in Belgium. Quite some time ago that was though.

I hope the label will never say “Brewed under licence in the UK” like so many great “foreign” beers now say.

djglover
    Free Member

Its more like a barley wine

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I only needed a poo for gawd’s sake..

Have a McShit then. Even a McShit with Lies if you must*

* “I just need to go to the bog, I’ll buy something on the way out” followed by a quick dash out of a side exit.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not keen myself either but there are plenty of nice Belgium beers out there.

sc-xc

followed by a quick dash out of a side exit.

You’re doing it wrong. It’s supposed to come out of your bumhole.

singlespeedstu

SSS – I’m fond of a bitterererer brew, although I’ll partake of a special brew on a special occasion..

I’ll meet you out by the bins at 8.30 tomorrow morning with a couple of warm cans of Brew then. 😳

Inbred456
    Free Member

So many very good British ales out there, why any one would pay good money for that stuff amazes me. Tonight I am mostly drinking Mordues Workie Ticket.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

In need of a swift half to aid and abet the imminent evacuation,

Don’t think I’ve ever needed a beer to ‘aid and abet’ me to poo.
    Go & see a doctor, there’s something wrong with you.

I’ve just had a bottle of Cobra ‘King’. 750ml & 7.4%, freezing cold. Bloody gorgeous.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

A bit bland, Mass produced and available in every supermarket. There are far better beers out there.

I concur, try an orval or one of the rochefort’s or if you want niche taste grottenbier or rauchbier.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Or a Gueze 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or a Gueze

You want Lambic? Get in to some of this…

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

This is my local offy.

Lovely belgian beer

brakes
    Free Member

you’ve never heard of, or had Leffe before?
    does your mum not let you out very often?

yunki
    Free Member

I can’t even imagine what would entice a full grown British male to habitually drink anything other than the myriad glorious brews of our own fair isle..

Don’t think I’ve ever needed a beer to ‘aid and abet’ me to poo.
    Go & see a doctor, there’s something wrong with you.

aahhh yes.. this much is true.. plenty of prunes and linseeds are doing their best but it’s back to the endoscopy unit next month, with all the picolax joy that that day brings..

But lets not dwell on the murkier undertones of this thread.. some people enjoy reading the newspaper on the loo.. I like a nice scalding cup of sweet tea or a pint of good dark ale..

what I do not like is a sickly sweet concoction of nauseatingly smooth Belgian bilgewater

ick ick and ick

MrSmith
    Free Member

Get in to some of this..

They are one of my Facebook ‘likes’. (beer geek)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mr Smith, the full range is available at my local pub!

*Smug*

rewski
    Free Member

Lambic? You’re brave, smells like wet horse. I had a smoked De Molen at the weekend, absolutely hideous.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘a beer question.. what is this..!!?’ is closed to new replies.