Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • a £70 upgrade….what would you do?
  • jedi

or maybe pick somewhere you haven’t ridden before and you have £70 fuel to get there 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good idea from Jedi!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

A skills day. It will make more of a difference to your riding than pretty much any upgrade based on your spec. Massively more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesb
    Free Member

Another vote for Controltech…some real bargains on them (CRC) and they`re probably as good as a Thompson. Or buy a Easton EC70 available at knock down price (or was ) at Merlin. For what it is worth I do think a seatpost makes a difference to HT comfort, have just swopped a solid alloy post to an EC 70 on my Cotic Bfe and think I can feel more comfort from it, less jarring.
    Leaving posts aside what about a RH XTR shifter? fabulous shifting perforamnce upgrade over XT etc

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+ whatever it’s up to for a skills course.

or put it to a hotel somewhere near a place you’d love to ride and make a weekend of it.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon

5) skills course (can be substituted for an enthusiastic Canadian guy shouting “speed it your friend” “dont go over the bars on this next bit” IME )

I doubt you’d get to switch-backs for 70gbp unless you were already in Spain with your bike, but it certainly made a difference to my riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘a £70 upgrade….what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.