Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A 29er that feels like a 26er….
  • alias
    Free Member

For all you late adopters here is a review of the Banshee Paradox from over on MTBR…great bike! 🙂

"After much deliberation as to what 29" bike to get, including considering a few full suspension frames, I decided to start off more modestly. One or two very enthusiastic reviews of the Paradox were also influential in my decision.

I have so far managed two rides on fairly non-technical single track to get a feel for the bike and the 29" wheels. I had never managed much more than a field ride at a festival and occasional parking lot on a 29" bike. I therefore don't know if my first impressions are specific to the Paradox and its fairly unique geometry but all the issues that I see raised from time to time were, well…. non-issues. The sluggishness in handling that is often talked about was non-existent. I can lift the front wheel as easily as I have on a lot of 26" bikes. For me, if I didn't look down at the big front wheel, I could be on any good handling bike. I also didn't notice any of the often referred to effort to get it up to speed.

Here are a few things that are different for me and that I like. I am not very tall at 5' 10½" but do have fairly long legs, so my seat post is usually quite high. On my 26" bike I feel perched on top of the bike. On my Paradox I feel more part of the bike. One thing I found to be very pronounced it that it rides very smoothly. I suppose that is a function of the big wheels."

This bike deserves more press in the UK!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member
    scaredypants

bah, if it hadn't been for that pesky duggie I'd have gotten away with it too 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Duggie, pictured earlier today.

tracknicko
    Free Member

pretty smooth plug attempt. oh no… hang on.

yossarian
    Free Member

ha ha ha what a plank 😆

poppa
    Free Member

Incidentally, I hear Rockshox Tora forks are great budget forks. Especially the 318 U-Turns.

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah easton mid rise monkey bars a great too as are budget cable discs 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

tube!

Shandy
    Free Member

Currently available in the classifieds for a £5 reduction every other day. Get in there quick and snap it up people!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Copyright-Progressive Bikes Marketing Division. ;0)

alias
    Free Member

Ok spotted! Selling mine cos its a too close ride to my other bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A 29er that feels like a 26er….’ is closed to new replies.