Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • theotherjonv

It’s starting to hit the time where if Leicester hold their nerve, they might not need to win those 8. If they could get 16 points from them (average 2 per game) and others keep dropping points (and so far Arsenal and Spurs are both losing, and Man City have the Champions League distraction still….. they could still be top with 3 games to go and who knows what happens then.

What Leicester haven’t had to contend with yet (also apart from injuries to any great extent) is a run of bad form. Losing two on a trot, or going three without a win sort of thing. That’s when the jitters really start to hit. But every time they’ve had a ‘bad’ result, they’ve bounced back immediately; home draw with Bournemouth – next game win away at Spurs. Lose to Arsenal – win against Norwich, and so on. And even those 8 games are nicely spaced so they’ve got a few that I’d consider ‘bankers’ nicely spaced in among the trickier ones.

Still can’t believe it’ll happen, but every week, it gets closer.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

People will find new reasons to discount us which is great as far as i’m concerned

Leicester fans are getting a touch of the Mourinhos. A lot of people were incredulous at the idea of Leicester winning the title, and given last season that is understandable. However, I don’t know of many fans that have said they wouldn’t like to see Leicester win it….well, assuming their team couldn’t.

theotherjonv

Just got even more likely……

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

theotherjonv

… or not……

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

martinhutch

Good night to be a Leicester fan so far…

The Arsenal bottle is surely upon us now.

Three London clubs ending up in the top four, without any mention of Chelsea? It’s a funny old season.

scaredypants

Splendid !
    God, I hope Leicester make it

Klunk
    Free Member

wonder if Pep has a get out clause if chitty don’t make the champions league ?

martinhutch

wonder if Pep has a get out clause if chitty don’t make the champions league ?

There’s always Fat Sam or Harry Redknapp to step into the empty chair.

scandal42
    Free Member

Erm 😯

This has got to be a dream

martinhutch

Erm

This has got to be a dream

Exactly. Leicester will win the league, you’ll wake up the next morning and find John Terry in your shower with the Premiership Trophy.

Rockape63
    Free Member

😥 we’re all Leicester fans now!

scaredypants

Exactly. Leicester will win the league, you’ll wake up the next morning and find John Terry in your shower with your girlfriend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#3monthfox 🙂

binners

Even by their usual standards, Arsenal are doing an Arsenal in fine style! 😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – I thought it must still have been February! It’s nearly time for their usual 7 or 8 game end of season winning streak to cement 3rd or 4th.

And what about 4th place! It’s anyone’s – I wouldn’t rule out Chelsea even and Man U pinching it might mean LVG gets another season and Jose ends up elsewhere. Great season all round, looks like 2 from 3 of Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich to join Villa in going down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great season all round, looks like 2 from 3 of Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich to join Villa in going down.

Yep, when I woke up this morning I thought 0-0 HT at stoke wasn’t enough, and by the time I left for work we were beat 🙁 the only wildcard is the fact that CP are getting Pardewed at the moment and may come to rest a bit further down the table.
    There are a lot of 6 pointers at the bottom to go, NUFC have to play Sunderland, Swansea, Bournemouth and Norwich which could settle a few things.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

we’re all Leicester fans now!

I’m not.

C’mon, Villa!

*goes and cries in the corner*

scandal42
    Free Member

I’m not.

C’mon, Villa!

*goes and cries in the corner*

😆

mikey3
    Free Member

Great win for the swans last night and a win against Norwich at home will see us edging to safety and then we’ll go to Leicester on the last day and spoil their party(as someone who was in the liberty to watch them demolish us 3-0 that part may be difficult :-))

dragon
    Free Member

Ah well ratchets up the tension on this weekends North London derby.

Leicester play Chelsea on the last day.

I so hope that Man City end up out of the CL spots, oh how I’d laugh.

scandal42
    Free Member

then we’ll go to Leicester on the last day and spoil their party

It will be a one man party

Rockape63
    Free Member

And what about 4th place! It’s anyone’s – I wouldn’t rule out Chelsea…

I never bet, but decided on a last minute whim to put a tenner on the Hammers to beat Spurs last night (3/1)……not even thinking that Arsenal might lose to Swansea! FFS!! 😮

So now our season is virtually over, I decided the icing on the cake would be Chelski making the top four, so put some of my winnings on them at 18/1. It might soften the blow….slightly! 😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Interesting Arsenal team selection.

No Campbell, Walcott or Giroud starting. First league start for Elneny and Gibbs instead of Monorail.

Spurs look like they have the better squad. At the very least, more a more ‘united’ team.

scandal42
    Free Member

Cracking result for us in the early game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And looks like Bernitez to the toon. 10 games to save a season. Given the normal new manager bounce what odds on beating Leicester on Monday?

binners

Not a cat in hells chance I’m afraid. Fat Spanish Waiter, or no Fat Spanish Waiter. They may beat Sunderland next week, as they’re shite too. Though they usually don’t.

I feel I should be be looking forward to the first meeting of United and Liverpool tonight, but I’m not. Given how utterly shite both teams presently are, I suspect it’ll be an absolutely bloody awful game which will be decided on who manages the least amount of defensive howlers.

scandal42
    Free Member

Was really hoping they would keep the wally with a brolly until our game on Monday.

jonwe
    Free Member

Did anyone point out the watford – arsenal score today?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I imagine all the Arsenal fans are too busy making banners for the next game. That or contemplating leaving the country if they win nothing, and Spurs win the league.

They really have been a shower of shite this year. I’m a Villa fan, so am aware what dross looks like, but we do not have players like Sanchez and Ozil. The latter looked like he was planning his summer move given the look of frustration on his face.

That aside, well done Watford. I reckon they could go on to win it. Them or Everton I think.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ll pipe up. Don’t mind losing a cup game to watford . Shite result but it’s a cup game . League position and form is however not good enough . Arsene it is time . Goodbye and thanks for all the fish (trophies)

tiggs121
    Free Member

It’s good that the FA cup will now be contested between 4 mid-table teams this year. No obvious favourite I reckon.

I hope Everton can nick it.

binners

Did anyone point out the watford – arsenal score today?

I put a fiver on Watford at 13/2! Cheers Arsene! 😀

To those Arsenal fans moaning about Arsene… it could be worse…..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If Arsene does leave at the end of the season, who is available?

Maybe LVG would fancy the job.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bernitez is free if he doesn’t get Newcastle out of trouble…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s not really the point is it binners…

scandal42
    Free Member

The refusal of Wenger to see any kind of issue is almost annoying me and I’m not an Arsenal fan.

His long term project is certainly flourishing

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.