Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Looking forward to another raucous atmosphere and hopefully 3 points down at the KP tonight.

Would love Don Ranieri to silence that irritating prick

binners

Would love Don Ranieri to silence that irritating prick

So would everyone else. Didn’t Chelski sack Ranieri for finishing second? Thats looking like an unachievable dream. I’d love to see them still rooted to the bottom of the table tonight, hovering one point above the drop zone. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch. 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i kind of want Chelsea to win, soz. but then still get relegated.

binners

And while we’re on the subject of the delightful Chelski: that thoroughly likeable chap John Terry popped up as a pundit on Sky yesterday.

When did this start?

Rockape63
    Free Member

The Toon deserved their draw at Spurs for their second half performance.

They did deserve a draw……But hey they scored a winner in injury time!!

Wahey!!! 😀 😀 😀

I know Leicester will go above the mighty Gunners tonight if they win….but I still want them to win! And as for Terry on Sky…WTF, don’t they check out public opinion?

binners

Sorry… meant a win. 😳

They look a totally different side from a few weeks ago

At least its looking like Villa are doomed to go down. At long bloody last. Never to darken the premiership again. They can go and grind out their bloody awful 0 -0 draws in the championship, where they belong

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be careful about slagging anyone off about 0-0 draws binbins. 🙂

But yeah, bonkers weekend again. Going to be an intriguing December Christmas/New Year period. Not sure I can remember seeing such dross being played in the best league in the world but it’s interesting at least.

scandal42
    Free Member

The league table looks very interesting after this weekend.

We could be 9 points clear of 5th place by the end of tonight 😯

Still, I have a rather horrible feeling about it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I knew chorterling at ManU would come back and bite me ! If Spurs are serious about the CL spots they need to close out home games when 1-0 up, especially against relegation candidates.

Arsenal and Chelsea can’t be surprised at tough draws, if you doin’t win yout group you are in the firing line. Also imo shows you are better off going out in the first knockout round of the CL (no shame getting beat by Bara/Real etc) than slogging through the Europa.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Vardy again! Nice ‘tackle’ on that piece of shit Costa too….good work!

2-0….bye Jose!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

wow Leicester! I also loved Vardy screaming “what, what!” in Costa’s face after going through him. Wonderful! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could hear a pin drop here in the pub in Leatherhead.

(There was one cheer at the final whistle, which given my location in Surrey, was probably a Man Utd fan.)

rascal
    Free Member

I shouldn’t really mock any team given the plight of mine right now (Swansea) but I am loving seeing Chelsea implode I must admit 😆

theotherjonv

Mourinho’s such a tw@ isn’t he? Last 15 minutes they played only five because the ballboys, the crowd, etc. Just be gracious for once you moaning dick.

scandal42
    Free Member

That was enjoyable, have no voice but it was enjoyable non the less.

That Costa bloke is an insult to football.

martinhutch

Could this be the year that Arsenal don’t implode around Christmas-time?*

*probably not, but you never know.

Loving the Leicester at the moment, and willing them to still be in contention in May.

binners

Just be gracious for once you moaning dick.

Jose doesn’t do gracious. He doesn’t do magnanimous. Its always somebody else’s fault. The blame never lies with him. His post match interviews get increasingly surreal. The unhinged, paranoid ramblings of a madman.

Loved that the Leicester fans were singing:

“Down with the Villa
    You’re going down with the Villa….”

I’m just loving every bit of the Chelski implosion to be honest 😀

I also loved Vardy screaming “what, what!” in Costa’s face after going through him.

When they got beat by Palace, Delaney was marking Costa. He went through him a few times early on, to let him know what he was getting for the rest of the match, then when the neanderthal was busy throwing his toys out of the pram, he was just laughing at him and jogging off. It was hilarious! Costa was going mental with frustration, then just resorted to diving whenever anyone came near him. He can dish it out, but doesn’t like being on the receiving end of it

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I know every team has their deluded fans, but….

https://amp.twimg.com/v/f50f4606-d75a-4fe9-869d-c065f761bd64

Edit: Also, chat shit, get banged.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oooh, the Russian is leading boardroom talks on the current plight.

Reckon this could be it for Moany! 😀

(which of course would be a shame as they’d immediately improve!)

scandal42
    Free Member

Well I’ll be Muzzy izzet’s left bollock…..top at christmas 😀

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol! Think Leicester will make any signings during the transfer window?

scandal42
    Free Member

Can’t actually see them making any significant moves, wouldn’t want to upset the apple cart.

Only thing that may force our hand is if the likes of Inler move to get 1st team football (Gokhan Inler can’t get in the 1st team, wtf

Can’t see Vardy or Mahrez leaving either so no need to replace them.

binners

The way the TV rights money is now divided up has changed. This is going to make a massive difference to the premiership. Smaller clubs that would struggle to keep key players when the big clubs came sniffing, can now, due to their increased resources, tell them to do one! Hence Everton keeping Stones when Chelsea and United were after him. Expect the Tinkerman to be ready with 2 fingers to everyone in the January window.

Its all good, as this will continue to erode the financial advantages enjoyed by the big clubs over recent years.

Despite us being shite this season, its great to see the old order getting shaken up like this. And good luck to Leicester. They’re playing great football! Watford are flying too at the moment!

MSP

Can’t see Vardy or Mahrez leaving either so no need to replace them.

I think a move would be bad for Vardy, if he moved in january he would just be a short term patch for one of the big clubs, after this season ends he would end up being a fringe player at any of the usual champions league clubs, he is already 30 so it could end a career that has bloomed late anyway. Mahrez is another kettle of fish, but as binners says, not many premiership clubs are now having to sell to balance the books.

So what it comes down to is can they get enough money to strengthen beyond the single player. In the case of Mahrez I think Leicester probably could, but not in the middle of the season. This year they need to keep what they have going, they will probably never repeat this season. In the summer it may be time for more practical long term decisions but right now they should fight any attempt to sign either player.

dragon
    Free Member

Vardy apparently came off the other day with a hamstring injury and complaining he was tired. Not ideal with a big set of games coming up thick and fast with little recovery time. That will help the clubs with bigger resources and also teams not over reliant on one player.

Junkyard
    Free Member

for footballing reasons vardy would be better staying for financial reasons he may be better moving
    ]a 30 yrar old who is having an exceptional season but it really remains to be seen if he can do it next season – tbh given his age he probably only has two/three more good seasons left anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Vardy#Career_statistics

interesting he has one great season then one poor season each year of his career so far so he may well be better getting the maga bucks whilst he can

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t Vardy move for some huge 2-3 yr deal ? Its the end of his career so why not take the loot, plus Leicester would have money to invest in the squad. Personally I do not think a big club will come in for him mid-season, by the time he’s settled in at a new club this season will be done and dusted. I doubt Lambert really regrets for one moment going to Liverpool for example.

Fair play to Leicester I hope they can sustain top 4. If anyone else wins it I hope its Wenger and Arsenal, and its not often you’ll hear that from a Spurs fan.

scandal42
    Free Member

Vardy doesn’t have one bad one good, he’s acclimatising to a new level each time he’s had a less potent season.

It took him one season in the Championship before he really looked comfortable at that level, same thing has happened in the Premier League. His finish against Chelsea shows he’s far more than a flash in the plan striker who scores easy goals.

Personally I think he will be looking to stay regardless of interest from other clubs, he’s a grounded lad and he probably wouldn’t fit in as well at some of the so called ‘big clubs’

Champions League or Europa League is looking a possibility (**** me) and I think he will want to be part of that at Leicester to complete the story.

Either way, we are riding high, going to games is an absolute pleasure with the match day experience being as good as it is down at Leicester atm.

Fingers crossed for Europe

Junkyard
    Free Member

Vardy doesn’t have one bad one good, he’s acclimatising to a new level each time he’s had a less potent season.

Possibly true but as he has not stayed in the same league after his “good season” we will need to wait to say for certain. Its a fair point you make to be clear and i had not spotted that but we need another season to be certain – as we did from Kane and he has delivered after an initial wobble

MSP

he’s a grounded lad

or alternatively arrogant racist scum.

binners

It must be nice having a proper striker

Junkyard
    Free Member

we have them its just we dont attack we posses to death – sadly our own death on the counter attack

jambalaya
    Free Member

Personally I think he will be looking to stay regardless of interest from other clubs, he’s a grounded lad and he probably wouldn’t fit in as well at some of the so called ‘big clubs’

If he’s well grounded he will understand the value of an extra £5m+ in wages over 2 seasons ? i spoke once to a PL reserve keeper (family friend) who didn’t want to move clubs as he was happy with just training, said it was most unlikely he’d get injured and he was earning more money than he would starting for a Championship side. He liked being around a top outfit and was happy to wait for a chance to play at the very top level, even if it was only the occasional game. Vardy’s 30, he should take the money

binners

Or inexplicably play them as left wingers eh JY?

scandal42
    Free Member

Leicester will not struggle to pay Vardy what he wants next season, he won’t be offered an extra 3 bag of marbles.

Junkyard
    Free Member

. Vardy’s 30, he should take the money

He is 28 though somehow you will have a method of explaining hwo you are correct and i have not proved you to be incorrect

Not everyone does things just because of money. Whatever he does he will never need to work again.

MSP

I was the first to say he was 30, I thought that’s what they had said one of the football shows I dipped into over the weekend.

Now I have defended jamba I feel fully justified in spending the next week in a constant alcoholic haze, curled up in the corner of my living room sobbing. I also feel like I need many many showers, and a scrubbing brush and some bleach.

binners

Thats the….

😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

At least if Vardy does go to a top club for a mega salary, he’ll be able to afford a seriously stoopid haircut and facial hair like Raheem Sterling. 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

Now I have defended jamba I feel fully justified in spending the next week in a constant alcoholic haze, curled up in the corner of my living room sobbing. I also feel like I need many many showers, and a scrubbing brush and some bleach.

Dont worry you only did a partial jamby as you admitted your error

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.