Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • binners

BOOM!!!!

Looks like it’s ok for everyone to hate us again 😆

Garry_Lager

Anyone watched Rooney much this season? Heard plenty of Utd fans saying he’s wretched – stinking performances week on week. Seems to have caught on with journalists – Seriously average article in the guardian today essentially making this point.

Sort of surprised at this (if it’s true) as he was a brilliantly intelligent player when he was coming up, never made the wrong decision. He’s certainly been awful at times in his career, but that’s usually been when he’s not fit. Would have thought a fit 30 yo Rooney could adapt his game and still be excellent.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Good to see that England’s 1st choice attackers (Rooney & Stirling) are still utterly impotent despite the price tags.

Got to love Chelsea’s misery 😆

binners

God knows what clause Mr Potato head has got in his contract to warrant his continuing appearance in the starting line up, every game. United are a far better squad without him in it. He was completely invisible yesterday. As has become pretty familier of late. Not a single sighting of goal.

Our defense looked solid though (as did Citah’s). Roho was superb. Hence Stirling being taken off. He was getting skinned every time. You could have left him out there all day and he wouldn’t have looked like scoring.

MSP

Both utd and city look to be suffering from fielding players based on reputation rather than current performance. Rooney for united and Toure for city are not only not contributing but seem to be damaging the play of their respective teams.

I have seen Toure a few more times this season and he keeps coming to the ball and then doing nothing with it, his stats look good because he still completes lots of passes but they are almost all easy passes going backwards, he has players making runs but he rarely picks them out, preferring another easy backwards pass, he just isn’t the player he was 2 seasons ago. Pellegrini said this week that Kompany is no longer guaranteed a start, I wish he would apply that to Toure.

dragon
    Free Member

He was completely invisible yesterday.

Worst stats for any Man U player in yesterdays game.

Roho was superb. Hence Stirling being taken off.

That’s his problem any decent defender has him in their pocket.

How those 2 donkeys make it into the England team is beyond me.

soobalias
    Free Member

very much a love/hate relationship with Mourinho.

great to see the hammers win saturday, just a shame that a reasonable if defensive display gets little coverage as the media are only interested in keeping chelsea in the spotlight

binners

How those 2 donkeys make it into the England team is beyond me.

Similar reasons to the problems at club level. About fielding players based on past reputations, and their price tag, rather than on the merit of recent performances.

The mentality at England:

Plays for a big club = automatic selection, regardless of recent form

Plays for Leicester/Stoke/Bournmouth/Southampton = not even on the bench, even if they’re banging them in for fun, week in, week out

jambalaya
    Free Member

International football is more about experience and suitability for that style than club form

Jose charged by the FA today

binners

And that’s been going really really well. I look forward to not bothering watching them as they go out at the group stage again, after a series of embarrassingly pitifull performances next year. No doubt with Stirling up front, with Rooney as captain sat behind him as a completely ineffectual no 10

You don’t need to be mystic meg to see that coming, do you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jose’s misconduct charge might be irrelevant 😀 😀 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Twitter saying he’s gone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…home for the evening. 🙂

binners

Well…. who’d have predicted this at the start of the season eh? Well done to them too. They’re playing great football. Hardy looks unplayable at the moment.

Claudio Ranieri must be having a well deserved wry smile at the club that sacked him for finishing second, as they languish just above the relegation zone.

Nice to see Arsenal ‘doing an Arsenal’ early, and getting it in well before Christmas. City were absolutely awful on Saturday too. All over the shop at the back when Kompany is out. We look as dull as dishwater but still manage to grind out insipid, uninspiring results

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Leicester’s impressive start to the season is not necessarily proof that the EPL is competitive. But it shows how much it would be welcomed by the public if it was [competitive]. It’ll still be quite a while before someone who hasn’t won it already will again.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Could we take a moment to have a laugh at Villa, It’s great to see them botom

binners

Could we take a moment to have a laugh at Villa, It’s great to see them bottom

Indeed!

I really, really hope Villa finally get relegated this season. They’ve been hanging around like a fart in a lift, at the bottom of the table, playing absolutely woeful football for season after season, though somehow inexplicably avoiding the drop by grinding out their 20th consecutive nil nil draw.

Once they go (please let it be this season!) I can’t see them ever bothering the Premiership again. In fact they’ll probably do a Leeds. Good riddance

jambalaya
    Free Member

As much as I’m happy for Leicester I am at a loss to understand how Man U are second as they’ve been pretty mediocre so far. I predict Spurs will play some quality football and then just miss out on the Champions League, so business as usual 😐

binners

am at a loss to understand how Man U are second as they’ve been pretty mediocre so far

They’ve pretty solid at the back, and have shipped fewer goals than any other side. The amount of clean sheets has let them get away with the terminally uninspiring attacking play. Theres been a lot of dull one nils. The United fans have even started ironically adopting the old Arsenal chant.

Garry_Lager

Everton v Villa is the most played fixture in the top flight – Sat’s game looks like the penultimate installment. No desire to see Villa relegated – but it’s starting to look like it would be a mercy-killing.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Bad day for the Gooners…but then every team are going to have bad days, so hoping we can bounce back.

More worrying is the increasing injury list and the lack of strength in depth. 🙁

topdude
    Free Member

Rockape63 you should be worried about Coquelin’s injury especially

Rockape63
    Free Member

Rockape63 you should be worried about Coquelin’s injury especially

I am….he’s out for 2 months! A very important player for us and even his 2nd rate replacement (MA) picked up an injury. Not making excuses but we seem to get so many injuries and its definitely affecting us again this season.

binners

Well that was another interesting day. Citah totally outplayed by Stoke, Chelski beaten by Bournmouth to leave them 15 points off the top four in 14th. Us grinding out another nil nil (yawn). Leicester winning again, so 2 points clear at the top!

Bonkers! But entertaining!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I just searched through to dig out the thread to say much the same;

Bournemouth win relegation battle 😀
    City done by Stoke, Chapeau Hughes
    Leicester roll on, happy days for them
    Man U get serenaded off the field 😉

binners

Even better – I had money on Stoke to beat City, because they fall apart at the back without Kompany, and look toothless up front without Aguaro. Mrs Binners had a punt on Bournmouth beating Chelski. It’s been a profitable day 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

UTCIAD!!!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Hahaha – Liverpool have gone to 6/1 to win the league. They were 14/1 a week ago and 100/1 when Klopp took over.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Come on you Gunners!

That’s how to do it Man U !!! 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Terry and Redknapp in the studio . I miss Gary Neville.

Come on Bournemouth tear United a new one!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bournmouth 1 up after 2 minutes 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Buggar, Felini equalises

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hard to watch the dirge that LvG is delivering

FFS everything is backwards and sideways its like they play rugby with a football – to be fair to rugby players they do actually face the try line and run when they have the ball

At least the goal from Man U was of the highest quality

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

UTCIAD yes Eddie. Bournemouth up to 14th ahead of Chelsea. Crisis at United #louisvanfail

Junkyard
    Free Member

would not mnd if we were actually entertaining ir he admitted we had issues

Some of the youth players looked ok but same old same old all possession and no intent

We seem suspect at corners as well now.

They deserved to win that one it was not a fluke.

Rockape63
    Free Member

‘kin Barca………again! 🙁

If its not Bayern, we get drawn against its Barca. Oh well, at least no one will expect much, but maybe this time it will be different!

Come on YOU GUNNERS!!!!

binners

You’ve got Barca. We’ve got someone I’ve never heard of. Thursday night, channel 5 is where its at. 😀

This weekends footy has been bonkers. Again

The Toon deserved their draw at Spurs for their second half performance. So much for Spurs top four ambitions. City look awful, but keep getting away with it. Mainly due to Joe Hart. And they’re up there.

United are even worse, haven’t now got a defence, to add to the absence of an attack, but are somehow still up there. A reflection on how ordinary everyone else is, as we’re absolutely dire! LvG looks clueless as to what to do about it too.

Leicester and Arsenal are playing the best football by far

Chelski are one point above the drop zone. WTF?!!! And They’re playing a far better team tonight. 😯

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Barca is a win win. We either get revenge on them or we go out and its easier to win the league. Good times!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.