Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Erm, help me.

I don’t know what to do, bring on Satdee

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can still see and type – you’re not trying 🙂

Going to be quite a party on Saturday, I’d imagine the trophy will be there too !

papamountain
    Free Member

As a lifelong Spurs fan i’m obviously a bit disappointed that we haven’t won for the first time in my life. If you had asked at beginning of season I would have taken Champions league so overall it’s a great season. Team is looking good going forward, all young too.

All season I was cheering on Leicester though (until spurs had a chance) and don’t begrudge them winning at all. It’s been amazing to see tbh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In other news. Tico into UCL final at the expense of Bayern.

If City got into the final and lost to Tico, they’d be like Pep’s ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. 🙂

MSP

That was a cracking game of football.

imnotverygood

Jeeezo> Fernando Torres is in another Champions League Final. Does.not.compute.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sweet pass from Tores for the first goal – justice was done on the penalty as it was oitside the box

City will be hiring Pep after two mediocre seasons

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh well. Not to be for Citeh.

Will be cheering Tico on in the final.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well at least Citeh fans had a nice day out in Madrid. Went out with a whimper

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Neutralised by Real. Not many teams roar at the Bernabou to be fair. Disappointed they couldn’t muster a bit more. Toure was bloody woeful. Vasquez should have seen red for that challenge too.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Thursday musings….

Given they now have 2 players banned for violent conduct and got 11 yellow cards in one match, should Spurs have points deducted? If I remember right both Man U and Arenal had points deducted for scrapping, and this is not that different is it?

the-muffin-man

On a non Premier League front – if Burton Albion get promoted to the Championship would that be an equal to Leicesters achievement?

martinhutch

Well at least Citeh fans had a nice day out in Madrid. Went out with a whimper

As expected really. Probably did well to keep the deficit to one, but would have been a travesty if they’d nicked one to go through. Toure has looked shockingly casual this season, Sterling was a terrible buy, as was Bony, Kompany looks pretty much perma-crocked. Silva hasn’t had much of a run in the team, ditto Nasri.

De Bruyne and Ihnenacho are the bright spots of the season.

binners
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great start although judging by the chanting Bocelli was a bit too high brow!!!

Vardy early goal -great to see

Are Evertin going to get trounced here?

Junkyard
    Free Member

If only they had your breeding they would have been as respectful as you were there.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Excellent first half from the new champs – glad they are celebrating in true style. Fun to watch.

convert

A touch of class from the suspended Robert Huth

Not sure if I’m happier that Leicester are champions or that Terry gets the indignity of having to sit out the last two games of the season and probably his Chelsea career, denied a last goodbye, whilst watching his team die a death.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Great win for the Saints, now just the small problem of getting past Citeh, who unfortunately after 45 mins are well up for it!

binners

That’s a great result for us! It’s a massive game on Tuesday night now. We could potentially finish top four at the expense of city! Who’d have thunk it? 🙂

martinhutch

Anyone who’d watched City recently. 🙁

Pep’s not going to like it.

And West Ham have conveniently fallen out of form too.

binners

Fair point! City have been almost as awful as us recently. Which is quite an achievement! The City players are presently doing a ‘lap of honour’ to an empty stadium 😆

It’s been a good day today. I put bets on a city draw and Southampton win. 😀

I won’t even try and predict what it’ll be on Tuesday. I certainly wouldn’t put any money on it!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We could potentially finish top four…

It’s a thing really to see fans sinking to this kind of “It could be our year…” desperation. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

And West Ham have conveniently fallen out of form too.

Last game at Upton Park so they will be well up for it and anything can happen when Man United are in town – except lots of goals.

We dont deserve CL football for how we have been this season but it looks like City just dont want it either

scandal42
    Free Member

Yesterday was utterly incredible on every level.

Early start with friends who have been ever present with me over the last 15 years, celebrating in the city streets.

Andrea Bocelli performing live for us, he’s one of my real passions and have always dreamt of seeing him live.

Partying in the streets into the wee hours with city fans and hundreds of Italians who had come over just for the day, simply sublime fun.

Today I am suffering, but not as much as my old man who quite simply had day of his life watching a 50 year investment come good.

Claudio, the lads, the owners, Leicester City…..I **** love you for this 😥 😀

binners

There’s no way we deserve to be even in with a sniff of the champions league. Yesterday summed up our season. A mind numbingly tedious, totally uninspiring, turgid display against a team you should be trouncing, and somehow managing to come away with 3 points from pretty much the only shot on target.

Bravisimo- have a word with yourself! There wasn’t a single United fan who thought it was ‘our year’. We knew this was as much as we could expect. At best!

Oh… and well done scandal! Glad you enjoyed it! Well and truly deserved. You’ve shown everything that we’ve lacked, in spades!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There wasn’t a single United fan who thought it was ‘our year’.

I know binbins. But it appears that UCL qualification in 4th place is now “your year” for you. I’m pleased for you mate.

binners

Grim innit? I could live with it if we looked like we were having a go, and looking like it mattered! But the whole approach of VG is just soul-destroyingly awful to watch!

Whereas Leicester have won the title playing some great football!

Rockape63
    Free Member

The amusing thing is…..if United manage to avoid the draw against the Hammers and actually win, they face the prospect of another year of LVG! Tee hee 🙂

Mackem

From my point of view, almost perfect weekend of football.

scandal42
    Free Member

Indeed, good result for the Mackems which made me smile after the excellent treatment from the Sunderland fans when we went to the away game this season.

Fighting relegation and we came and won but you were still giving us the plaudits and warm reception.

Good luck

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking Sunderland winning their next game technically sends Newcastle (and Norwich) down?

Jaysus…they’ll bloody enjoy that if it’s true. You couldn’t write that sort of stuff. 😀

EDIT: And congrats from me too scandal. No doubt you’ve been enjoying the last week but I hope you have anyway. Leicester must have been rocking all weekend.

Rockape63
    Free Member

So…BIG game tonight! Well, big after the proper stuff has been sorted anyway.

Man U desperate to sneak past their noisy neighbours and put Pep on his arse next year, whilst West Ham are playing their last game at Upton Park* also desperate to win for different reasons. Form guide is a bit off, so I’m going to stick my neck out and go for……1-1. 8)

*Boleyn ground!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who knows with Man U

I wish were just actually good to watch

Martial injured and we look much worse without his flair and penetration

Draw is probably the most likely and I don’t think we really deserve the fourth place but if we beat them I would { keegan voice] bloody love it[/keegan voice]

binners

It could be anything tonight. A lot depends on whether LVG feels the need to take a striker with him this week. Mind you… if he does then he’d probably play him as a left back. You’d hope they’d be up for it tonight though, with the chance of seeing Pep playing in the arse end of nowhere against a side nobodies ever heard of, in the Europa league.

On the West Ham front, a good statement today from them about the new stadium. David Gold has come out and basically said ‘Its not our fault that some bloody stupid politicians spent a fortune of other peoples money on some daft white elephant vanity project!! What the hell else are they going to do with it now?

Hard to argue with that really

scandal42
    Free Member

I cannot decide whether it would be better to have Utd or Man City in the Champions League next season.

If Pep misses out it would indeed be very funny but he would also only have the league to concentrate on.

The again, he would have the Europa league to deal with.

binners

“Thursday Nights, Channel 5” is the very worse place to find yourself. Better to do a Rednapp and throw your last couple of games, than end up flying back from Bratislava on a Friday morning, with a game on Saturday

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agreed scandal – who would you least mind sneaking/least like to sneak into CL?

Pep in the Europa League would be mildly amusing (although I was hoping that City would give Pellegrini a better send off as seems a decent bloke) but LVG engenders such an immediate negative reaction that its hard to root for Utd these days.

On balance? C’mon the ‘ammers

binners

(although I was hoping that City would give Pellegrini a better send off as seems a decent bloke)

Well compared to how they waved Mark Hughes off – also a thoroughly decent bloke – the 3 blokes and a dog slow handicapping in an empty stadium was positively magisterial

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.