Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • £999 29er HT (like an On*One Parkwood but not an On*One Parkwood)
  • higgo
    Free Member

I quite fancy a ‘trail’ 29er HT and have £1000 to spend on Cycle2Work scheme. The On*One Parkwood looks like just the thing but the scheme at work is run through Halfords and that rules out the On*One.

So…what else is out there at £999?

adamc
    Free Member

Best bet from Halfords looks like Boardman Pro 29er HT.
    http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/29er_pro.html

Mountain Bike UK magazine are running a feature in next mag (released Friday) testing top 4 bikes you can get on Cycle2Work scheme.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’d probably go for the Voodoo Bizango and then look at upgrading a few bits if you can do that through BTW? Strikes me as less XC than the Boardman and more like the On One

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_907523_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

Looking at the photo’s, it looks as though it has adjustable dropouts as well, should the one gear thing float your boat at some time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    prawny

Through halfords I’d probably go for the bizango, and see if they can order in some better wheels.

Picked up my bizango on friday and I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how good it is. Could just do with dropping a bit of weight.

AlexSimon

Does it limit you to Halfords? or just shops that use the Halfords scheme?
    If the latter, then the Kona Honzo or Taro are worth a look.

zoo200
    Free Member

The Halfords C2W Scheme does NOT limit you to Halfords, the Halfords website will have a list on it somewhere of all the companies locally that will able to take your voucher, at the shop i used to work for about 60% of our C2W was Halfords and people would go away on Cannondales/spesh/Ridgeback/Giant I even sold a couple of mondrakers…

muggomagic

I got the Boardman Team 29er on C2W scheme last week. I could have gotten a scott or trek through a local store, but I bought one of the bikes stocked at Halfords they gave you 10% off of the voucher (so I only now have to pay back £765) plus they were doing 10% off adult bikes so I got £85 worth of accessories.

I have been really impressed by how good the Boardman is.

higgo
    Free Member

The Halfords C2W Scheme does NOT limit you to Halfords

No but it does specifically exclude PlanetX (and On*One) sadly.

johnnystorm

The halfords scheme runs in tandem with cycleplus which is the same admin I believe but cycleplus is accepted by PX/OO.

adamc
    Free Member

Worth bearing in mind that if using cycleplus scheme with PX/OO you will need to pay a 12% admin fee upfront, making saving much smaller.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

higgo – Member

I quite fancy a ‘trail’ 29er HT and have £1000 to spend on Cycle2Work scheme. The On*One Parkwood looks like just the thing but the scheme at work is run through Halfords and that rules out the On*One.

So…what else is out there at £999?

Just shelled out my own cash (ie not CTW) on a Boardman Pro 29 and I’m very impressed with both the way it rides and the level equipment on it. Not too worried about the Halfords thing as I do my own spannering and the discount they were offering was too good to turn down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘£999 29er HT (like an On*One Parkwood but not an On*One Parkwood)’ is closed to new replies.