Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 95th Place in a TT & Failed a drugs test……
  • nathb
    Free Member
    jam-bo

Marginal gains and all that.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well worth a tribunal

scaredypants

FFS, what a load of shite

“NO, it was my wife – I mean, we’d discussed illegal doping and all before that, but I said it was baaad”

“What? Receipts, and the products themselves? No, we threw all that away – seemed the sensible thing once we’d been rumbled advised of the adverse result “

Must’ve been quite a TT though, at least 95 in the field and random drug testing – was it the nationals or something ?

smell_it
    Free Member

I’m breaking that top 100!! Biatches 😈

mechanicaldope

To be fair to the chap, at 60 he can’t have long left to break into the professional ranks. At that age his cycling career must be almost past. Misguided last ditch attempt to get noticed HY team sky?

nathb
    Free Member

Along with the blatant lies trying to squirm out of the ruling I’m more confused with the mentally of taking them in the first place…

If he was so close to being top 10 or so and really wanted to win the race then I’d at least understand the mentality of cheating (NOT agree with it!!). But this, for 95th?! Was he expecting thrusters to appear out of rectum or something?!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Maybe just an attempt get his TT under the hour? I doubt I could do that ‘additives’ or not!

flap_jack
    Free Member

‘brave’, taking supplements at 60…

scaredypants

But this, for 95th?!

I’m guessing there’d be a 60+ age group that he was hoping to win

Even so, what a cock

greyspoke
    Free Member

Risk vs benefit calculation a bit diff when you are older, but one of those drugs was pulled from therapeutic use because it caused cancer in mice. Perhaps his mrs was trying to bump him off,

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bizarre story. They must have had some cause to be testing there as i’ve never seen it at an amateur open event. When it does happen it’s usually because of a tip off.

I do wonder how many would test positive in a random test through no deliberate action of doping. If you are being tested you have to be extremely careful about anything you ingest, supplements, medicines, creams etc. I don’t check every ingredient or product against the Wada website, though I would if I was being regularly tested.

martinhutch

Perhaps his mrs was trying to bump him off,

Or stop herself ever having to see him in a skinsuit again.

TiRed

You don’t test positive for some of those without trying! I think there must have been a tip off. Sourcing the compounds in the first place would require some skill.

My 150mg dose of caffeine this afternoon is looking pretty tame compared with that list. What I should have brought home was some daprodustat (been on the WADA list since it first went into humans btw).

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps his mrs was trying to bump him off,

The perfect crime. Be very careful if you’re an amateur cyclist and your other half takes out a hefty life-insurance policy on you, while filling the fridge with little phials of chemicals.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

When I lived in England I used to do a 25 TT organised by the BEJAOS wheelers and some of the entry fee was used for one of their clubmen to challenge a ban he had received for testing over the limit for caffeine at the end of a 24 hr TT . He had only drunk tea and coffee at the official feed stations and was slightly dehydrated after riding for 24 hours which put him over the limit . He was just a club cyclist , knocking on a bit and was nowhere near being in contention for any of the categories but they banned him .

cookeaa

They had allegedly discussed the supplements in the past and he had been vocal in believing that they did not work and ‘were a waste of money.’

…and just to prove it he scoffed them down and came in 95th…

Brilliant story.

Garry_Lager

If he was so close to being top 10 or so and really wanted to win the race then I’d at least understand the mentality of cheating (NOT agree with it!!). But this, for 95th?! Was he expecting thrusters to appear out of rectum or something?!

He will have been easy top ten for V60 almost certainly. 25 under an hour for a 60 yo bloke sounds good. He’s likely a strong amateur rider who wants to cheat his way to win his age category.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Actually in some way I can believe him. Do you keep receipts for things like that? I almost never take any receipt from a shop. I can also imagine his wife spiking his drinks “for his own good” . My mum does that to my dad and I suspect my wife has used sweetener instead of sugar with me. Silly so although as said , maybe he was in for a best V60 or something.

epicyclo

That’s good. Won’t have to worry about him in the WEMBO 24 Hour next year then. 🙂

On a MTBR forum for over 50 riders, there’s strong support for taking certain supplements, not for racing gains, but for maintaining vitality that starts to disappear after testosterone levels start to drop from natural causes.

Ageing is a bitch. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘95th Place in a TT & Failed a drugs test……’ is closed to new replies.