Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • 9/11
  • xiphon
    Free Member

People will believe the strangest things in this world. Some people still believe in Santa.

Until they learn of their ignorance later in life. (i.e. kids stop believing in Santa…)

No different to religion (apart from some people never realise).

toppers3933
    Free Member

all the stuff I’ve seen that the truth movement put forward is tenuous at best. I’m not saying i believe the official version of events entirely but the vast majority of the footage that I’ve seen that the truthers claim proves beyond doubt their version of events do no such thing. they offer an alternative view, but no proof. certainly no more proof than the official line. also, they tend to use a lot of smoke and mirrors. they tell you they are going to show you some proof then give their opinion voiced over a video that generally shows no such thing.
    the line that the twin towers were brought down from the bottom with large explosions. yet in none of the footage do they ever show movement below the impact areas.
    also, they say that the towers were demolished. and they often state that to bring them down would have taken alot of planning and time to implement, but at no point has anyone ever said how they placed the charges without anyone noticing.
    i do agree that the official version of events about the pentagon is a bit dubious.

nealglover
    Free Member

Toppers, that’s a lot of words to basically say….

“truthers tell lies and talk bollox”

But I agree 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

Classic smoke and mirrors.

zippykona

Just seen the video. It gives nutters a bad name.
    I’m up for a conspiracy theory as much as anyone. That was obviously put up by The Man to make doubters look like total a holes.

toppers3933
    Free Member

It did a good job.
    For the record I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man. This one just doesn’t hold much water for me.

nealglover
    Free Member

That was obviously put up by The Man to make doubters look like total a holes.

He he, they really don’t need any help with that.

Even the professional truthers like Alex Jones and David Icke manage to look like total arseholes without any outside help.

Northwind

toppers3933 – Member

the line that the twin towers were brought down from the bottom with large explosions. yet in none of the footage do they ever show movement below the impact areas.

Yup. I really love the conspiracy theorist’s mindset, that looks for ideas- any ideas- that can discredit the official line, but doesn’t test their own ideas. And further, doesn’t care if the ideas they think discredit the official line are contradictory, that’s the best bit.

For example- the nano-thermite-bollocks. Twin Towers were brought down by controlled detonation, they said. But how come more people didn’t notice explosions? Oh, well, they used thermite, that doesn’t cause an explosion. But then, someone else says “But look, seismograph traces that we can pretend show explosions!” and the thermite guys go “Yeah! Nanothermite causes explosions!” The 2 are competing theories but people are happy to believe in both because they both “refute” the official story.

And another… “The buildings fell at the speed of free fall”. Well, actually they didn’t, and that’s unmissable when you watch the videos, but hey. “The reason for this is that they were brought down by explosions”- but a controlled demolition still can’t bring a building down at the speed of freefall.

The conspiracy theories are dull but the theorist mindset is pretty fascinating I reckon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The conspiracy theories are dull but the theorist mindset is pretty fascinating I reckon

Agree they have an opinion then look for the facts is the main problem

One of my mates things it suspicious the bin laddens left america after 9/11*. However this ignores the fact they were there when it happened – of course if they left before that would also be significant.

* i have no idea if this is true its just an example of mind set aas any scenarios fuels the mindset.

glenp
    Free Member

Setting a position before looking properly at facts is hardly the preserve of conspiracy theorists, whoever they are. That, for example, is exactly what UK and US did before hundreds of thousands of people got killed in an illegal war. They even put forward an elaborate conspiracy theory to suit their ends – so why are they not lumped into the “conspiracy theory” category?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Happy to call them a bunch of conspiracist liars who manipulated a report in order to create a smoking gun as justification for an illegal war.
    I think in this case we just call them liars tbh but yes it was a conspiracy IMHO.

nealglover
    Free Member

Northwind

Junkyard – Member

Nothing inherently wrong with that. But naturally it goes hand in hand with making the facts fit the theory.

Junkyard
    Free Member

True the higss bosson and all that is nothing but a search for something we “believe” in as was DNA

Not holding out for a noble prize for any truther any time soon though 😀

toppers3933
    Free Member

they have an opinion then look for the theories that they then give out as fact.

In one film i watched the other day about controlled demolition it stated that there was a huge piece of one of the towers that had cut into another building which was 390ft away. It was claimed that there was no way that this piece of debris could have gone out that far unless it was propelled by explosive. They then included in this film footage of the tower collapsing and clearly showing the outer skin of the building peeling away. 🙄
    The towers were in the region of 1300ft tall. Of course it could go out that far. And anyway, i thought you said a controlled demolition? Its a pretty unsuccessful controlled demolition if pieces of the building are travelling 400ft horizontally.

I agree about the war in Iraq/Afghanistan. We should never have gone and we shouldn’t still be there.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think it’s actually worse than that.

They have a set of circumstances, which they Want to disagree with, just because that’s the official line.

They then pick at every thread of it, not really looking for any proof of their own theory, just to discredit someone else’s story.

That’s why the “truthers” always end up contradicting themselves and each other.

Because “truthers” don’t a really have a theory, just clutching at straws trying to prove that it absolutely didn’t happen the way “They” said it did.

(Is keasea (and the sunshine band) serving a ban currently ? Hard to imagine he would miss out on this thread otherwise !)

toppers3933
    Free Member

^^ this ^^

And architects? Giving structural mechanics advice? Give me strength!

bikeind
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘9/11’ is closed to new replies.