Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • £900 Hardtail suggestions please
  • KarlE
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations,to be used for general xc duties and nothing too rocky!! 😉
    Cheers

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Halfords – Boardman Team really good spec and £850

Jamie
    Free Member
    KarlE
    Free Member

Cheers guys,was looking at the Malt 4 from Merlin. Anyone got one and any thoughts on them?
    Cheers

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I was going to suggest a Malt 4 from Merlin. I rather like them. My son rides one (it's a couple of years old now) but gernally pretty light, rolls very smoothly and is a nice bike to ride. General spec is pretty competitive with almost anything else out there. Choose frame size carefully though. If I were getting one for myself I would probably get the 19" frame (I'm 5'11 with short, stubby 32" legs).
    Marin have a competitive deal at the moment with the White Line (and Black Line if you prefer a bike in black rather than white). Surprisingly good spec from them. Wifey has one although I'm not convinced of the feel of it if I were riding one.
    Have had a Giant xtc for a few years now and very much like the feel and ride of that although I do sometimes sneak a cheeky ride on my sons Merlin.

gazc
    Free Member

voodoo wanga from halfords, reduced to 800 at the minute plus cashback from quidco if you buy online. got mine on bike to work, great spec, xc biased geometry the only downside is the paint…

gb306
    Free Member

I've got a Merlin Malt 4 with Black rims & Spokes 19", shimano xt 770 pedals with race pac mudguard that I'm thinking about selling if your interested. I've literally only used it twice (on the road) since Nov 2007.

scotabroad

Its a bit more with a list price of £1200 but I just got a Genesis Core 50 and it is excellent as an all rounder trail/ XC bike, and its light.

uwe-r
    Free Member

You can't go wrong with a rockhopper and it will hold its value better than anything else.

I have one and the only thing that i have an issue with is the Tora SL forks, i dont get more than 60mm out of the supposed 100mm travel and im the best part of 14 stone! But these are on loads of bikes in this bracket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘£900 Hardtail suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.