Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 9 speed Ultegra spares. Where to look?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I bought a pair of 9 speed Ultegra Sti’s on the classifieds here the other day. They arrived without the lever clamps. Mailed the seller and still awaiting reply.

Meantime, I’ve tried googling the clamps as a spare part with no success. Where should I look?

Dickyboy

Are they too old to be on the shimano website? Oldest there is the 6500 series

Edit seen they are 6510, part numbers are on the exploded views, then try googling that or am i teaching my grandmother to suck eggs?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I tried the Madison site and SJS cycles, they bare usually a good starting point.

I’ll have a look over at the Shimano site. Thanks

EDIT – checked the exploded diagram and they are sided.

Dickyboy

Probably worth checking some similar shifters on the Shimano website, might be some others with same part numbers which will allow you to broaden your wanted search too

ransos
    Free Member

Meantime, I’ve tried googling the clamps as a spare part with no success. Where should I look?

Not sure, but I’ve found the clamps on older shifters are interchangeable – e.g. I used a clamp from an RSX shifter on an Ultegra. Don’t know about newer ones.

Probably best to visit your LBS with the shifters and see if they have anything in the spares bin.

edhornby

have you tried looking for the current sora ones ? they are now 9sp and the designs do trickle down so you may get lucky… ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure these are interchangeable among the same generation of shifters.

look here

http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/transmission-braking-components/gear-levers/?type=spares

EDIT plug the code from the shimano tech doc into madison website

TiRed

The clamps are all interchangeable from Sora to Dura ace across generations. Any old Shimano shifter clamp will be fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pete I’ll have some used ones in the shop if you are struggling.

Mister-P
    Free Member

This will work but you may have to modify the washer. 9 speed Ultegra levers had a square one where as these aren’t quite square.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Pete I’ll have some used ones in the shop if you are struggling.

Al that would be great if you have anything spare. I might just need one, the left hand side, I think I have a broken right hand lever with useable clamp.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Text me if you need one posted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘9 speed Ultegra spares. Where to look?’ is closed to new replies.