• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ski.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 853 On One Inbred
  • weeble
    Free Member

A while back I dropped on a second hand 853 Inbred singlespeed frame at the right price and after having it resprayed came to build it up at the weekend.

These frames came with a slimilar dropout to the current Inbred sliding drop out frames where the disk brake mount is part of the frame, but with the addition of a seperate bolt up sliding drop put to tension the frame.

Looking at where the brake caliper will be postioned (when I get an IS to post mount adaptor) I’m striggling to see that how the set up will work as the disc seems to be miles away from the frame.

Hopefully, this makes some sense to someone and was wondering if ony one has a photo or experience of setting disc brakes up on the ‘old’ 853 version of the Inbred?

clubber
    Free Member

You need to use long bolts and a spacer. I’ll see if I can find a pic of mine.

weeble
    Free Member

Cheers Clubber

ski
    Free Member

I think some did come with spacers, mine did not, but as clubber said, longer bolts and some spacers will sort it.

weeble
    Free Member

Might sound like a stupid question, but would the conical spacers used for mounting Avid brakes be OK or should I be using something else?

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t find a pic.

The avid spacers you mention are pretty much the right sort of size and should work fine actually. Any spacer will work though. At a very rough estimate, I’d say that the ‘proper’ ones are about 7mm long.

weeble
    Free Member

Cool thanks for the help.

ski
    Free Member

Might sound like a stupid question, but would the conical spacers used for mounting Avid brakes be OK

That’s what I used on mine too 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘853 On One Inbred’ is closed to new replies.