Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 853 anniversary Inbred – worth selling
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the 250 853 anniversary Inbred frames sitting doing nothing in my bike shed; it’s a 20″ in Sand (weak tea) colour.

It’s in good condition but there is some driveside chain stay damage and, for some reason, the paint is flaking off the underside of the BB shell (no rust underneath so probably just another example of On-One’s rather delicate paint).

Would it be worth selling? Money’s a bit tight so could be used to bling up my bike.

JoB
    Free Member

if you need some money then selling it will get you some money

will you get as much money as you think you might because it’s a limited edition anniversary model, no
    a limited edition anniversary model with chainstay damage and flaking paint, even less so

geoffj

What JoB said, plus it’s a 20, when I guess most folk would want an 18 or 16.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Would it be worth selling? Money’s a bit tight so could be used to bling up my bike.

Your money ofcourse but if its a bit tight the last thing I’d do would be blinging a bike!

StirlingCrispin

You can get a new Pipedream Scion (in 853) for £250.

That said it – you’ll get some money for it, but maybe not much.

beej

There may be a small premium over the normal Inbred but I wouldn’t expect much (853 Anniversary SS in blue owner). What were they originally? £250?

PJay
    Free Member

Yes they were originally £250. It might be worth trying to shift it at some point.

Oddly I already ride an 853 Pipedream Scion, which is a lovely frame.

nuke

Sold my exact same one except in 16″ (including superficial chainsuck damage) a few years ago: £130 iirc on ebay…

Brant’s signature on the downtube (which I’d helitaped over) wasn’t as ‘priceless’ as I’d hoped 😉

Sad to have sold it as had some happy memories of it…should have kept it for my son in hindsight.

robdob
    Free Member

I sold mine before the chain stay snapped, as my brothers did. Badly designed, which Brant admitted to but didn’t care about.

Last On One/Planet X frame/bike I will ever buy.

timbur
    Free Member

It’s an On-One. No real “special” value IMO.
    Even the Ti Inbred I had wasn’t that special.

timbur
    Free Member

Nice pic of The Dyke there Nuke. Shame about the pile of metal spoiling the view
    (mast in the distance that is :O)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘853 anniversary Inbred – worth selling’ is closed to new replies.