Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 80mm Bluto – how much travel can I upgrade to?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Just picked up an 80mm Bluto from CTBM – he states on website that it’ll convert to 100mm with appropriate air shaft swap. A search of interweb confirms its possible to switch air shafts – but I havent found a difinitive answer on how far you can go..

Air shaft available are at 90mm/100mm/110mm/120mm (i previously thought only 80/100/120 were available).

My question, is there anything stopping me going for a 110mm or 120mm air shaft when starting from an 80mm base model?

I asume (but am probably completely wrong) that potential travel is governed by stanchion length?
    If so, do Bluto’s come with different length stanchions?..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Why not remove the existing air shaft and see how long you can pull the fork to full extension?

I can’t imagine there are 3 different bluto CSU’s and stanchions to cover each length so I’d have thought one size really would fit all.

The Bluto is a widened Revelation, so there will be some overlap of bits and bobs that should/could/might fit. I’d stick to the proven alternatives, personally.

Good price for the Bluto; I’ll be giving Charlie a call.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Cheers.
    I downloaded a user manual yesterday, it’s ambiguous but does have a chart that seems to suggest that any length air shaft is compatible

MikeG

I’ve just bought one of these, hopefully it will work but it’s cheap enough to take a punt on anyway.

otsdr
    Free Member

There are only 3 part numbers for the Bluto CSU and they only differ in color/finish:
    https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/Km3kzSmU_KOq7DmbJCRDsS6HHI8G5UcTZFN0CAaxBa8/mtime:1479314052/sites/default/files/techdocs/2017_rockshox_spc_rev_b.pdf

Strange enough, the air shafts are different between the alu 32mm-stanchioned forks. Could be that the dimple is in a different position to give a different negative volume?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Check out Pg54 item 22

oink1
    Free Member

Give TFt a beer and ask nicely?? 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member

My point was that there is only one type of CSU, so only one stanchion length. You should be able to use any of the 5 Bluto airshafts.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Point noted, well spotted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘80mm Bluto – how much travel can I upgrade to?’ is closed to new replies.