Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 80GB iPod HD – Where From?
  • sp
    Free Member

Any suggestions on where I should look for a 80GB HD for a iPod Classic (Gen 6)

tomzo
    Free Member

Ebay.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding sarcastic. You could try typing it into Google. The first decent hit brings up Amazon which would tells you that the 80g model has been superseeded by the 120gb model.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

80g model has been superseeded by the 120gb model

should still be able to get spares for the 80gb version though.

sp
    Free Member

OK if I put my question another way . Has anybody purchased a replacement HD for there iPod? I understand they do require a specific type. Trying to advice buying a lemon

tomzo
    Free Member

Yes, i have bought a harddrive for my 20gb 4th geneartion ipod of ebay. It didnt work-well, that harddrive works as i now use it for backups but it didnt work in my ipod as something else had got messed up. In total honesty, I think you’d be better off selling your ipod as broken/spares and buying a new one, because otherwise you could end up like me with a broken ipod and a harddrive you dont really need, and obviously 20 odd quid out of pocket. (although i did sell my broken ipod for like £25!!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80GB-MK8022GAA-Hard-Drive-iPod-Classic-Zune-2nd-Gen_W0QQitemZ350157219682QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_MP3Access_RL?hash=item350157219682&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

looks pretty good, but it is a refurbished harddrive, like a lot of the drives on ebay…but the seller has good feedback so i doubt there’d be a problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘80GB iPod HD – Where From?’ is closed to new replies.