Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • £800 hardtails – recommend me one
  • votchy
    Free Member

My employer has just introduced cycle to work scheme so it would be rude not to take advantage of it. Looking at £800 for a hardtail then £200 clothing (all my tops seem to have shrunk 😥 ). Hardtail needs 120mm or above fork and be more all mountain than XC. What do you suggest?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Forget the clothing and jump on an On One 456 Trail? You seriously won't go wrong with it and it's crazy value at that price (£999). Plus they're on the cycle scheme too…

jonb
    Free Member

needs 120mm

. What do you suggest?

😀

Original inbred?
    Something from genesis – I like the look of em
    Takes a punt on a Focus mtb. Nice roadbikes…
    Look at one of the big manufacturers they'll all probably have something
    Pipedream sirius

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I think the Inbred's more for 100mm (though of course it will take more). If the OP's after

120mm or above fork

then the 456 will do nicely – or as you say a Genesis would be good bang for buck too.

willard

Go look at the Merlin website. Something like the Malt 4 should do you, or maybe a Rock Lobster.

GWick
    Free Member

Rock lobster

Felt

Agree with forgetting the clothing. You are better spending on a good bike. The Felt is full XT groupset but only 19.5" frames left.

Both are only 100mm travel though

cycleworlduk
    Free Member
    takisawa2

Would of suggested a Genesis but they didnt seem the bargain they were when I last looked, certainly not the SS IO anyway. A 120mm fork works well on an Inbred, adjustable one ideally. If I had the option I'd go for an Inbred, I love mine.

5lab

the GT bikes in halfords are incredible value for money – extra 20% off at the moment. get one, ride it for a bit, if you don't get on with the frame just drop all the bits onto a 456.

timc
    Free Member

genesis core 30? Mate Did exactly what your doing, wont weight more than a baby elephant like the on one either 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘£800 hardtails – recommend me one’ is closed to new replies.