Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 80 pence?! Is that it?!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PP just nipped into town to take some DVDs back. But the lure of Asda at closing time was too much, and the 10p lady had been having fun!

80 pence! by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

chvck
    Free Member

That’s some good buying!

higgo
    Free Member

You will die!

(one day)

donsimon
    Free Member

Looks yummy! 😕

Edukator
    Free Member

Two more candidates for the iDave diet soon. Photographing it is one thing but please don’t tell me you intend to eat it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good call! I think that’s getting on a par with mine, certainly value wise!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Well done!

GrahamS

See! Who says you can’t eat healthily on a budget?

samuri
    Free Member

Awesome, might have to try that next Sunday.

miketually
    Free Member

Our first year of marriage and the first after uni, we lived over from an Asda. We ate very, very cheaply on the reduced stuff at the end of each day.

(They also reduce the fruit and veg…)

In fact, now that our local Netto has become a mini Asda, we might try it again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Two more candidates for the iDave diet soon. Photographing it is one thing but please don’t tell me you intend to eat it

Not all at once, no. But you can’t go wrong with 4 steak/lamb dinners alone for that money! Pizzas are OK for when you can’t be arsed and the sausages will go nice with the potatos from the allotment. 🙂

And we’ve also picked some broad beans, 7.5lb blackberries and more than double that in Bramley apples today too. All picked whilst cycling…. It’s like the Good Life in our kitchen right now! (He says, drinking tea and eating a home made oat & raisin cookie… Mmmmmm 🙂
    (Anyone else in Aldershot know where the free Bramleys are? No? Well I’m not telling! 🙂 )

allthepies
    Free Member

Anyone else in Aldershot know where the free Bramleys are? No? Well I’m not telling!

Oh go on! Plans for some scrumpy making y’see 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pies, YHM shortly 🙂

EDIT
    No email addy in your profile.

EDIT2

Edit edited!

allthepies
    Free Member

Hold on, the Email addy here is fake. I’ll Email you first 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Oooo, I see! Isn’t that right by the barracks fence wire though?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s a little triange of grass with about 4/5 Bramley trees and a handy parking space right next to it. It’s not behind the fence, we’ve been there several times over the years, never been bothered by anyone 🙂

beanieripper
    Free Member

I wouldnt eat that cr@p if you gave me money… all their food is gross, even the expensive steak tastes like muck

Edric64
    Free Member

You willbe able to drive faster than 65mph on the motorway now you have saved a few quid 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldnt eat that cr@p if you gave me money

Well then you’re a stuck-up ponce!

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought there were always Bramleys going free cos no-one wanted them…

cinnamon_girl

Bargaintastic! Well done Mrs P. 🙂

all their food is gross, even the expensive steak tastes like muck

Not true, I’n now an Asda shopper and some of their prices are considerably less than Tesco/Sainsbury’s. Strawberries for £1 anyone? Nowt at all wrong with the meat I’ve tried.

Mind you, you can’t beat Waitrose for their bakery – their Petit Parisienne is superb. 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Strawberries are often going for £1 in lots of supermarkets at this time of year…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not true, I’n now an Asda shopper and some of their prices are considerably less than Tesco/Sainsbury’s. Strawberries for £1 anyone? Nowt at all wrong with the meat I’ve tried.

Mind you, you can’t beat Waitrose for their bakery – their Petit Parisienne is superb.

So it’s good because it’s cheaper than another supermarket?, that is strange logic. Can’t you buy your stuff anywhere else other than supermarkets?.

grantway
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmm enjoy fat boy 😉

cinnamon_girl

So it’s good because it’s cheaper than another supermarket?, that is strange logic. Can’t you buy your stuff anywhere else other than supermarkets?.

Wimmins logic innit. 🙄

Why should I pay considerably more for something of a similar quality? I have in the past shopped at farmers markets, farm shops etc but have recently moved so am checking out other places too.

I’m seriously thinking of getting a trailer as villages often have their own produce for sale by the roadside.

samuri
    Free Member

I wouldnt eat that cr@p if you gave me money… all their food is gross, even the expensive steak tastes like muck

So you believe different supermarkets buy their food from different places?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘80 pence?! Is that it?!’ is closed to new replies.