Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 8 speed shifters best price ?
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

Look I’m NOT going to 10 SPEED or even 9, I LOVE 8 but its getting harder to find them. Anyone spotted a really good price for QUALITY shifters ? SHIMANO preferred. Cheers

JoeG
    Free Member

So your want a specific brand of high quality shifters that haven’t been made in years for really cheap and wonder why you can’t find any? Hmmm… 🙄

leffeboy

I tried the same earlier this year but all the upper end stuff appears to have moved on some time ago. You might have luck on amazon but it may just be time to move on…

marvincooper

I’ve got a set of 8 speed shifters about to hit the classifieds, Alivio I think so not high end but work nicely.

MrOvershoot

Never had any 8spd went from 7 to 9 on MTB and am still using that across 4 bikes
    All my road/CX are 10spd

IIRC all that is 8spd for sale these days is the lower end stuff

tomhoward

What a silly thing to say, do you still light your house with candles?

That said, I refuse to have 10speed on my next bike, 11 however…

Oh and I have a SRAM sx5 grip shifter you can have for £5 Inc postage, I’m not much of an antique collector.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Rosebikes still sell Alivio shifters for £23 a pair.

They do add a fiver or so for postage so it may make sense to buy a few more pairs while you’re there as well as a stash of their 8 speed cassettes. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d order lots as it’s only going to get harder to get hold of. Considering the prices I have been getting quoted for run out X0 9 speed I would seriously consider an upgrade of the whole drive train. It will probably end up cheaper for much higher spec kit and should remain available for quite a while longer.
    If not
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38697&gclid=CNuHl52b1rgCFUkgpQodqzIA_Q&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping
    http://www.wiggle.com.au/shimano-r440-trigger-shifter-set/?lang=au&curr=AUD&dest=27&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=au&kpid=5300042382
    Alivio the next XTR?

nickc

genuine question…why?

Edric64
    Free Member

So my refusal to change from 7 speed on a cross bike because of the cost is even worse then ?I like it because chains are cheap and last ages and new sti levers will cost me loads .I dont need anymore gears on it either !!

scruff
    Free Member

I have 2 newish 8spd rh shifters to sell. Email in profile.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘8 speed shifters best price ?’ is closed to new replies.