Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 7STANES TRAIL CENTRE VISIT
  • hainman
    Free Member

im looking for a wee bit of a heads up with regards to a visit to TC on sunday,ive done glentress and inners but my mate has only done inners.would it worth me going back to GT and letting my mate experience it or should we go to one of the other trails.ive driving frome just outside glasgow so i think the drive times will be roughly the same to whatever centre we decide to visit.

thanks

craig

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Recently done GT and inners after about 3 years since last visit , loved inners but IMO GT is showing its age and not much been improved at all in years !!! But twice in 3 year makes me no expert on the area

youngrob

IMHO the best of the Stanes is Kirroughtree but it’s also the furthest away. Innerleithen is brilliant but there are plenty of trails in GT to keep you entertained too. That said, Mabie and Dalbeattie are both with a visit and if you’re down that way you could fit do both in a day. Enjoy it whatever you choose

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

+1 with youngrob. Mabie and Dalbeattie in a day is well worth the journey but Kirroughtree is defo the best 7Stane IMHO.

shortcut

Kirroughtree is worth the trip. So I am with Crankenstein.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Another one for kirroughtree.. im off down to AE tomorrow, looking forard to some good weather hopefully!

Karinofnine

Get your friend to ride the red at 7Stanes. Spooky Wood is to die for.

Northwind

GT still the best IMO- not the best individual sections, but there’s so much of it, and almost none of it is bad.

Innerleithen’s a bit of a one-trick wonder, I never really understand why it gets so much love. Still well worth the visit o’course but if you’re just staying on the xc route you miss all the best stuff.

imnotverygood

Recently done GT and inners after about 3 years since last visit , loved inners but IMO GT is showing its age and not much been improved at all in years

dunno how you can say GT hasn’t been improved over the last few years..unless you only mean the black.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Was at Ae last week was great. Went down the shredder, the climb up to top was great.

Proper hard core riding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘7STANES TRAIL CENTRE VISIT’ is closed to new replies.