• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by m@tt.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 7stanes conditons?
  • m@tt
    Free Member

Looking to ride Mabie, Ae, Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree on a long weekend next weekend. I see there are some closures. Anybody in the know as to if they will be open for next weekend?

Glentress/ Innerleithen. Are options but I see Innerleithen is closed ATM.

Any advice appreciated

willv

Lot of trees down in Dumfries area. Keep an eye on the web as I am sure they will clear most this week. Boys at Ae cafe will tell you what the score is there if you give em a call or check the cafe facebook page.

Out about mabie and troston tomorrow – will be taking the saw after last nights experience 😉

br
    Free Member

Lots of trees down at GT

legolam
    Free Member

Do you think either Mabie or GT will be clear enough to ride by this Sunday?

pottsathome
    Free Member

The fc were at it at Mabie today so should be ok.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.7stanesmountainbiking.com/Kirroughtree
    There is a trail condition report on each page you can have a look at

Northwind

Innerleithen’s officially completely shut, the uplifts are off for the weekend etc.

Glentress, the report for today was:

FCS OFFICIAL GLENTRESS UPDATE: Due to storm damaged/dangerous trees the following routes/sections are closed: Upper Green Route; Upper Blue Route; Pennels Vennel, Spookywood Climb, Mast road, Spookywood Descent, Super G, Matrix, Lombard Street on Red Route; Black Route (post 103 – 52).

Routes/trails open: Lower Green Route; Lower Blue Route; Berm Baby Berm; Red Route (except sections detailed above); Skills Area; Freeride Park
    Conditions: O.K, small branches on trails (on open sections).

They’ll have been out clearing it today no doubt, FC always do an amazing job of cleaning up but I saw photos of trail damage too from lifted roots so it won’t be back to normal overnight (nice rooty corner in super g looks like it’s lost all its roots 🙁 )

ahsat

Looking at the trail condition updates only Kirroughtree currently looks clear. I’d wait to later next week and make a decision. We were going to go to GT or Mabie tomorrow but have decided to knock it on the head. Its all not fair on the FC to get in the way while they are trying to sort it.

willv

Been out about mabie and the surrounding area this morning. Trees still down on the elevator at mabie. Didn’t do much else of it as I was over troston and new abbey way too.

Trekster

Round Dalbeattie today. A few trees down over the tracks but all easily got round. Worst affected section being the last one back to the car park, again easily enough to negotiate.

willv – Member
    Been out about mabie and the surrounding area this morning. Trees still down on the elevator at mabie. Didn’t do much else of it as I was over troston and new abbey way too.

Troston/New Abbey becoming popular wilv 😆

legend
    Free Member

(nice rooty corner in super g looks like it’s lost all its roots )

The one at the start? Shame if that’s been destroyed, it was one of the last vaguely natural bits on the red

willv

Just fancied something different today john. Most of the cheeky trails in mabie are pretty wrecked after Thursday. The wee path from the fishery to the sawmill at new abbey needed a bit of a trim too 😉

pottsathome
    Free Member

Going up tomorrow will to try and sort stuff out new starts and sections. See what we can knock up

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Did Innerleithen red today and it was fine. Two or three trees down on the way up and a few branches about but all avoidable. All the downs are good to go.

m@tt
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated, may hold fire then and make a decision closer to the date. Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘7stanes conditons?’ is closed to new replies.