Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 7stanes challenge for childrens cancer charity – UPDATE :)
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

A few weeks ago I posted on here about a team of us riding all the red routes of the 7stanes in a weekend to raise money for the Neuroblastoma Society. A few of you on here kindly sponsored us so I thought I would post an update.
    Well in short we completed it. We started on Friday afternoon with a ride at Newcastleton and then we headed on our merry way to Loch Ken where we stayed in a yurt as our base for couple of nights (well recommended at the galloway activity centre). We gave ourselves the task of completing 3 rides on the Saturday so after lots of faffing by various members we started Dalbeattie, then after a lunch break headed to Mabie. we then headed to kirroughtree and it was a race against time as we had to complete the ride before it got dark.
    On Sunday we rode Ae and headed to Peebles where we rode Glentress. For those 3 days the weather was glorious. However Monday was another matter. we only had Inners to ride that day and it was a wet and windy day. We all had tired legs and progress was slow. I slipped on a wet rock and now have an impressive bruise to show for it. The ride claimed a snapped seat post and a rock won the fight with another team members rear mech (thankfully towards the end of the ride).
    In all we did it. It was tough and have raised over £2000 and we still have money coming in. I would like to thank everyone on here who contributed to the fund and I’m now thinking of what challenge we can do next but for now I’m just going to take it easy and enjoy riding my bike.

For anyone wondering why I did this here is the link
    http://www.justgiving.com/cycling-4-emma

anagallis_arvensis

Good work, well done.

bullheart
    Free Member

Well done lady. Thank you on behalf of those of us who are fighting this disease x

Swelper
    Free Member

Sam

Great effort indeed, and such a worthy cause.

Now go and put your feet up for a few days

Steve Plews

wwaswas

Well done 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘7stanes challenge for childrens cancer charity – UPDATE :)’ is closed to new replies.