Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 780mm+ bars, low rise or even flat, decent backsweep.
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m currently running flat, 12deg backsweep Syntace Vector carbons in 760mm, which are ace but I fancy something a tad wider.

However, flat bars in >760 are rare, so I’m probably looking at low rise risers, say 10-15mm, and if I get a 8deg backsweep/4deg rise and run the bar ‘flat’ then I’ll be close to my current 12deg, if I understand the angles correctly…

So, what do you reckon? [budget £100, 31.8mm]

Spank Vibrocore (800 Race) get good reviews and can be had at 15mm rise. Not as light as carbon though.

Answer Protaper 780 SL are 13mm rise at £95
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/answer-pro-taper-sl-780-carbon-bar/rp-prod115839

Syntace Vector carbons do come in 780 but you have to go to 20mm rise…

Raceface offer the SIXC carbon at 785mm and 19mm rise:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/race-face-sixc-carbon-riser-bar/rp-prod106584

Any other options/opinions?

br
    Free Member

On One carbon, I’ve the soft 747’s on my HT and the harder 777’s on my FS. The harder ones aren’t as stiff as the Renthal carbons I had on it, and better for it.

Only £60 too.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Renthal Fatbars are 780 & can be had in 10mm rise.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of RSP carbon bars on both my bikes and really rate them (previously had easton havoc 750mm bars). 780mm wide,15mm rise, 9 degree backsweep and 4 degree up. You can pick up the RSP’s for under £50 if you use the tredz £5 voucher http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Carbon-Ego-DH-Riser-Handlebars_92055.htm

hamishthecat
    Free Member

dougieb +1. I have the RSPs on my main bike which I got in a sale for about £32 IIRC. They are excellent and I wish I’d bought two now.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

I will relieve you of your Syntaces if you’ve finished with them 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

🙂

Great bars. I’m almost tempted to run the grips 10mm further out on each side so I can keep them…

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got the RSP ones,which are fine but I miss the shape of my old Sunline V1 762’s (but not the weight or girder like flex).

jamj1974

The Renthals mentioned above are very flat indeed – for risers. I have been running them for 2 years and don’t find them too high or too stiff.

chiefgrooveguru

Great bars. I’m almost tempted to run the grips 10mm further out on each side so I can keep them..

If you’re using double clamp lock-ons and keep your hands within the rubber area, not over the outer collar, then going to something like DMR Deathgrips could give you 10-20mm extra effective width. They add 5mm on each side to my bars and because there is only an inner collar I can have my hands right on the edge of them.

Jerm

A cheaper option is to buy some Santa Cruz Palmdale grips which add 25mm to the overall length

reggiegasket
    Free Member

update…

I’ve just made some acrylic bar ends on the lathe which add 10mm to each side, and fitted some single-lockon grips. Sorted.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘780mm+ bars, low rise or even flat, decent backsweep.’ is closed to new replies.