Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 7.5 ft workshop/shed width – Big enough for bike work bench?
  • dmorts

I’ve been looking at what size workshop/shed to buy. Initially 10′ by 8′ looked about right but after some measuring up 10′ by 7.5′ looks a better fit. The area isn’t quite square and there’s an existing path to negotiate. I’m looking at configuring the shed with a door in the middle of the long side with a workbench to one side and storage to the other

Is 7.5′ wide enough for a bike work bench? I.e to have a bike up on a stand and work on it? Seems like it should be, after measuring my current bikes but hard to tell for sure.

IA

Maybe.

It’s handy to be able to get infront of and behind the bike sometimes I find. I have enormous bikes mind you.

To measure, flip a bike upside down and stand in front and behind it as if you were say, checking mech alignment or hose routing on the forks. How much space do you need then?

woody74

I had a 10’x10′ shed and with 4 or 5 bikes in there was just enough room for a work bench. Not enough room for a work stand as well. Remember a shed will always fill up with other cr*p as well.

wwaswas

If you position the bike in the stand so that the back wheel sticks out the door a bit you can work all around it. This does leave you at the mercy of the weather though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘7.5 ft workshop/shed width – Big enough for bike work bench?’ is closed to new replies.