Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 73mm B/B in a 68mm shell…
  • donks
    Free Member

Purchased a new Isis BB the other day from Superstar. I was sure the shell was 73mm but no it’s a 68. I’ve installed and now removed the new BB so won’t be able to return it. Any how, with some spacers I should be ok I think plus I’m running single speed so chain line issues and shifting should be a problem….. Or am I wrong and if so anyone need a new Isis BB?

andypandy85
    Free Member

Fitting spacers is correct with a 73mm BB in a 68mm shell. Make sure they’re positioned correctly depending on if you have a BB mountedchain guide etc.

donks
    Free Member

No chain guide just a middleburn UNO chainset with a single sprocket on the rear which I can move in or out along the free hub with single speed spacers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    orangeboy
    Free Member

As long as there is plenty of thread still going into the shell. Can’t see it being a problem
    Just don’t put all spacers on the same side

mikewsmith
    Free Member

did they forget to include fitting instructions?
    If it’s HTII style then this should cover it
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/BBinstructions.pdf

JoeG
    Free Member

As per the Hope link above, it should be 2 spacers on the drive side and 1 on the non-drive side.

But with ISIS, the non-drive side isn’t flanged, so I don’t think that you would be able to get a spacer on that side…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just clean up the threads and return it.

Then threaten to set fire to the Superstar warehouse (Neil’s bedroom).

Matt24k
    Free Member

As JoeG states

But with ISIS, the non-drive side isn’t flanged, so I don’t think that you would be able to get a spacer on that side…

How do you space an ISIS BB?
    The OP is clearly refering to an ISIS not HT2 BB.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep missed the word Isis in there, didn’t think anybody still ran the damm things
    quick look suggests there is no 68mm one
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=31

orangeboy
    Free Member

The truvativ Isis bb used to have a flange on both cups , i forget they are not all like that

donks
    Free Member

Good point about the non drive side not being flanged…. Cock I hadn’t thought of that, this may somewhat throw a spanner in the works…. Any work arounds? Anyone want to swap a middleburn UNO set up for HTII??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘73mm B/B in a 68mm shell…’ is closed to new replies.