Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 730mm XC handlebars?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do they exist? I know I could cut down some nukeproof’s from 760mm but that seems pointless as they weigh ~300g and a set of 700mm flat bars weighs ~180g. Does no one make wide flat bars for XC?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Which 700 flats come in at 180gms? That’s carbon light I take it? Think salsa do some around the size you’re after?

GW
    Free Member

if you’d trust a set of sub 300g 730mm wide bars you’re a braver man than I

float
    Free Member

sunline v1 flat bar?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Raceface sixc,ragley wiser,Easton haven.

DickBarton

Unless it’s a carbon bar, you are going to be hard pushed to find a flat bar of 700mm length for 180grams (even going for standard size instead of oversized bars will be pushing it)…

br
    Free Member

Just buy the Truvatives at that price.

I’ve a pair of Easton DH carbons, 220g and 711mm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, but I’ve got 680mm bars at the moment and keep holding them right on the end, just cant find any XC bars that are wider than 700mm (without spending a fortune on carbon).

ahwiles
    Free Member

nuke proof bars weigh 260-ish grams.

i’ve weighed ’em.

chop a bit off = 250g.

and they’re very, very strong.

if you’re flexible on the flat/riser thing, the ragley wiser bars might be worth a look?

M6TTF
    Free Member

i find the claimed weight of those truvative bars a little optimistic TBH – monkeylites at 685 come in at 155gm (and mine weighed a few grams more actual weight) – so an aly bar that’s wider is gonna be hard pushed for another 30 gms

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I’ve got 680mm bars at the moment and keep holding them right on the end”

Me too. Is this a problem?

GW
    Free Member

I cut my (685mm) bars down by 3/4″ each end and ride with my hands hanging over the edge of each lock on collar (prefer it that way).
    there are loads of 710mm bars around 300g (711mm is wide enough for me on the DH bike).

heihei

Liking my carbon RF sixC bars @ 730mm.

DickBarton

I’ve got the Truvativ Stylo flat bar. Was nice but I had to chop 30mm off either end. Still wide but the bar ends feel comfier.

crazymoon
    Free Member

i run raceface atlas bars. good weight, strong, 725mm. love it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘730mm XC handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.