• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 700x32c tyres on a 29er MTB
  • hslingsby
    Free Member

Im looking at getting some slick road of CX tyres for my Cube LTD Pro 29er. will i face any issues putting some 700cx32 tres on changeing nothing else? this is just so i can get some good road miles done as im planning on touring a little this summer, but im lacking funds of any kind. The cube is by no means slow, already with rapid robs on, but will a thin slick tyre help me out?

Gee76
    Free Member

Was wondering the same myself (as a commuting experiment for my ti456), suspect that the weight of the 32 might slow things down a bit so was considering 25s or 28s.

A mate has tried 25s on a set of his wheels and said they’re tight but it is possible!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Fitted 700 33 cx tyres to my stans gold wheels
    Was not to hard to get them on and worked a treat

cynic-al
    Free Member

Will be way faster, and unless you have very wide rims you’ll be fine – but need narrower inner tubes.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I raced Hit the North on 35c’s on my 29er.

bigshep
    Free Member

I put 37mm Conti Travel Contacts on my Scandal 29er last year for a 100k charity ride.
    Really fast tyre with the added bonus of knobbly bits on the side if you decide to go offroad (weather permitting of course 🙄 )

scotroutes

I’ve run 35C maxxis Raze CX tyres on Stand Arch EX rims and they were great. Loads of volume for such a “narrow” tyre.

Sam

Depends on the rim, but in general, yes it will be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘700x32c tyres on a 29er MTB’ is closed to new replies.