Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 700c tubeless Gravel Tyre?
  • bugcab
    Free Member

Anyone know of options besides Specialized Trigger Pro that actually claims to be (or for that matter just works) tubeless. I was hoping for something around 35-40mm that would get by on tarmac and come in to its own off road.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Clement Xplor Ush 35c 120tpi
    Clement Xplor mso 40c 120tpi

bugcab
    Free Member

Did the Clement X-Plor USH work for you tubeless?

http://www.amazon.com/Clement-Cycling-XPLOR-Clincher-Tire/dp/B008OHDWME#Ask

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Wtb nano race – 40c – running tubeless at 35psi on stans iron cross.

charliemort

I’ve just put some 60 tpi clements on arch’s on my fargo and they went up tubeless fine (with a compressor), although I do seem to be pumping them up every week or so.

they are a lot nicer than 2.25 ralphs on road, and a fair bit less nice off road!

kiwijohn

Schwalbe Smart Sams, cheap as chips in a wire bead & work a treat on gravel. Running them on Stans Alpha 400s & they went up easily.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve run Bontrager CX0s in both 34 and 38c tubeless converted on Crest 29ers, works fine up to around 60psi on my track pump gauge, though I suspect it of over-reading. There’s now a tubeless ready TLR version as well, but only in 33c.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The triggers really are well worth the cash. At 40psi, they are surprisingly capable offroad in all but deep mud and onroad they fly.

nemesis
    Free Member

Stans Raven (35mm) have been faultless on my CX (on Arch EX rims) for me. They are a bit expensive though.

bugcab
    Free Member

Useful advice, thanks all.

lucien

I’ve been running a standard Kenda SB8 and slant combo, with tape and spaff on Arch 29’ers in 35mm variety – have to top up spaff a few times as sidewalls leaky, other than that working pretty good. Slant on the front is grippy as…..

dobo
    Free Member

i’d really like to try the 38c trigger pro and bonty cx0 but for now my land cruisers are working nicely, fit and forget!

Currently im using schwalbe land cruisers in 35c, they also come in 40c.

pros
    near silent on road and fast
    robust tough durable
    more grip than they ought to have off road
    predictable (except wet chalk)
    cheap

cons
    heavy
    not very supple so not a good option for tubeless
    some slide on wet chalk/mud due to the smooth centre
    slowish to spin uphill

The ability to ride on road with no road buzz from your tyres is very nice and then to be able to hammer it off road on any terrain is just icing on the cake.

gee
    Free Member

Vittoria XG Pro TNT

Really good on rocky trails.

jameso

Nano Races, tubless on ust rims. Good enough on tarmac to not get on my nerves, great on dirt or gravel and recently finding them suprisingly good in proper mud.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘700c tubeless Gravel Tyre?’ is closed to new replies.