Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 700c Cross/Commuting Tyres – Recommendations
  • letmetalktomark

Morning All,

Doing my bit here for my Ma 🙂 and her commuter bike

I need to get her a pair of 700 x 35(ish) tyres for her step through commuter.

Commute is a mixture of road and off road (playing fields) so slicks are definitely a no no.

Not sure 35mm+ would fit too well due to the mudguards.

Any suggestions?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Conti speed kings, SB8s.

a11y

Schwalbe CX Comp 700c x 35 at a tenner each: http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCCXCW/schwalbe-cx-comp-wired-tyre

I’ve been using them on my Roadrat commuter on a mix of tarmac, woodland track, canal path and semi-proper offroading mud since July last year. Can’t recall puncturing either. A good compromise all-rounder IME.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Schwalbe land cruiser, pretty good on and off road. £11.99 each.

a11y

Should add, I previously used the Schwalbe Land Cruisers Bagstard mentions above. Slightly better on tarmac than the CX Comp, but IME the CX Comp is slightly better offroad. Compromises.

thomthumb
    Free Member

michelin world tour.

cp

The CX comps are great inbetweener-allrounders.

letmetalktomark

Cheers guys – Will have a google

rootes1

I need to get her a pair of 700 x 35(ish) tyres for her step through commuter.

For your Mum? do her a favour and fit decent robust tyres so she does not have to deal with punctures..

Marathons or Marathon Pluses – bomb proof and have a nice reflective wall plus decent tread for most surfaces

mocha
    Free Member

yeah, Landcruisers.

Marathons probably won’t cope with muddy playing fields too well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘700c Cross/Commuting Tyres – Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.