Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 700 SS/fixed wheels, which ones
  • Tony.w
    Free Member

Need a little help on this as its not my best known subject. I am after a pair of 700cc wheels single speed/ fixed flip flop but need to be light maybe even vintage? Front is 100mm and rear is 130mm anyone got suggestions of examples used.

TiRed

They are never THAT light. And 130mm is not track/SS specific. So you are probably looking at a custom set.

I have a set of Miche low flange with Open Pros (£280 from Harry Rowland and bombproof)

I also run a vintage set of Campag/Airlite with GP4 rims and Tufo tubs (bought used with a track bike about 5 years ago).

There is a set of Campag pista with Mavic CXP 23’s on the CTC classifieds for £170. Don’t bother with flip flop. Embrace the fixed.

CraigW
    Free Member

Goldtec fixed hubs are nice, though not cheap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tony.w
    Free Member

TiRed thanks for the info – yeh I understand 120mm but will need to space to a 130 (i believe you can) just not sure whether to vintage or like CraigW says Goldtec. Mmm just stick with fixed maybe with a little more experience.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

130mm – Are you running a frame that will take gears also then?

I’ve got some Tensile hubs off ebay that were £50 and about 300g for the pair. I’m shortly going to build these up with some Mavic rims of some description. But they are 120mm, not 130mm as you request.

dannybgoode

Goldtec fixed hub – superb, run one myself. Would have a Royce though if I could afford one.

Cheers

Danny B

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘700 SS/fixed wheels, which ones’ is closed to new replies.