Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 7 Stanes conditions
  • richmtb

The 7 Stanes Website suggests lots of snow and ice at Glentress, Inners, Mabie and Ae.

Has anyone been out to any of these recently?

A little of bit of snow is not an issue but hardpacked ice isn’t a lot of fun to try and ride on.

Ta

youngrob

I was at Glentress last night and the snow is still pretty deep and unrideable above the Buzzards Nest. I climb up Janet’s Brae from Peebles which is fine to the top of the steep climb but from the start of the green to the car park is still bad. We did Pennels, Blue return, Blue Velvet and Berm baby berm which all had snow on them, hard packed on some but melting and churned up on others so grip was a problem. Lower down the trails are dry and dusty as it’s been so dry. Inners will be very similar, no idea about Ae or Mabie. HTH

richmtb

Thanks Robs appreciate the info

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richmtb

Just spoke to Rik in Drumlanrig. The trails are “dusty dry” there apparently 🙂

youngrob

That sounds like a much better plan, Rich. 🙂

pottsathome
    Free Member

The trails are running perfect at drumlanrig everywhere else is screwed by the sounds of it.

chimpymcchimp

I’ve been here all week…glentrool blue has a few snowy bits but 75% clear. Kirroughtree red and blue is all rideable. Mabie red is all rideable. Ae red is clear except for the ‘black’ boardwalk section where they’re building the wind turbines and a bit on the omega man (although seems to have been resurfaced since my last visit and is mainly a bit dull). Drumlanrig is completely clear and dry, and is probably just worth riding there the whole time as it’s so good. Not sure on dalbeattie, website suggests a huge diversion so gave it a miss. Did I mention drumlanrig? Go there.

chimpymcchimp

Ae line resurfaced, not omega man BTW.

jonk
    Free Member

Just got back from there. All the lower stanes are clear: dalbeatie is dryish & clear, the slab is fine. Kirroughtree was the best, with the trails dusty but mcmoab is unridable. Mabie was clear but very muddy. Ae was ok but muddy with some diversions as posted above . Inners and GT are worth a miss we gave up after the first climb at inners and did the glentress blue only as people were saying the snow was too bad from the buzzards nest.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Newcastleton is completely snow free. Not a drop.

scotabroad

Was at GT today, as said above snow above buzzards nest makes climbing on bike very difficult, perservered for quite a while but pushing most of the ups. didnt get as far as spooky wood but pushed the blue up as far as the spooky wood climb, but cut short across to the red descent via the blue route. The red descent was great fun in the slushy rutted snow I have to say. lower down is fine but above Buzzards nest is hard going.

Diane
    Free Member

Been to Drumlanrig today. Loveerly

coogan
    Free Member

Did the red last Sunday minus Spooky Wood. Could ride up it all. Was snowy and icy which made it slippy but was a larf.

FieldMarshall

Rode Drumlanrig today for the first time. Think we were spoilt. Sun was shining and trails really dry.

Fantastic place and very different feel to the nearby Stanes.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Update for GT as i was there today from 9am….

Above buzzards nest it was dodgy, loads of ice and snow, very difficult to get to spooky wood. My co-riders on 29ers faired better but i can’t say i enjoyed myself 🙁

coogan
    Free Member

Was at Dumyat today. Bone dry and no snow or ice. Can’t remember the last time I rode that place so dry!

fontmoss
    Free Member

Anyone been at tress this week? Thinking of night ride tomorrow, I know inners access was flooded earlier this week.

Diane
    Free Member

Yes . Just patches on the black (Tuesday) most of that will probably be gone now. One HUGE drift in the trees off the Boundry trail but you can just put your crampons on for that bit 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘7 Stanes conditions’ is closed to new replies.