Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 7 stanes conditions
  • radoggair
    Free Member

can those in the know let me know what the trails are like for

Ae forest:
    Mabie:
    Glentress:
    Dalbeattie:

cheers to those who reply

br
    Free Member

We were south of Glentress today, and there was 6 inches of snow on high, with more lower, but wet.

Still raining low down, so I’d guess its snowing higher up.

Northwind

This afternoon Glentress was in good shape- snow on spooky wood climb and descent (and quite unpredictable traction, some bits were ace, some were treacherous) but everything else was absolutely fine (and riding lovely, actually)

Innerleithen I gather is still pretty snowed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trekster

Mabie. Bit of wet snow, trails riding ok if a bit muddy.
    Going by Tallys photo from today’s uplift there is a fair bit of snow on the higher ground at Ae. Probably all rideable tho
    Dalbeattie I would imagine is much the same as Mabie, bit of snow but rideable

toons
    Free Member

Trekster any update?

somafunk

To be honest toons i’d forget about Dalbeattie. Kirroughtree, Glentrool and Mabie for the time being unless you are up in this area anyway but i’d not make a special trip hoping to ride the trails – there is still 3ft snow drifts on the ploughed road to my work at Twynholm, Ae as well will be snowed out nae doubt.

toons
    Free Member

Cheers

Diane
    Free Member

Forget GT 😀

Northwind

GT was ace yesterday, in a very snowy way. Trails up to the buzzard’s nest were almost steamrollered, snow everywhere but beautifully rideable, only a few really hard bits and a few ice patches. Probably more ice now though. If you know the other ways down by the Fort etc you could get in a decent length ride- climb up 3 times, do Falla, the blue and the Fort.

lanvale
    Free Member

Dalbeattie has lots of fallen trees across the tracks and 1 foot of snow in places, tried to go for a jog and found it difficult to get through and that was just the taster trail. Impassable on bike unless you like stopping every 100 yards to carry your bike over trees.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘7 stanes conditions’ is closed to new replies.