Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 7 Stanes: accommodation for a family holiday – any recommendations??
  • velocipede
    Free Member

We went to 7Stanes a few years ago with our then 9 year old twins – stayed in Kirkudbright. The cottage was lovely; the cycling fantastic, but the area awful for all the other things you need to do on a family holiday: pubs, restaurants, bustling town

Anyone found somewhere in the area that fulfils the above – best places to stay if you have a young family??

Ta 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

http://www.visittweedvalley.co.uk/
    Lots to do in Peebles, Inners etc and you are less than an hour to Edinburgh and all it offers.

Trekster

see this thread and stay in Dumfries
    Tell me what more you want/need and I will see waht info I can dig up.
    Staying in Dumfries you are only 1 and a bit hrs away from Glasgow, Edin, Carlisle and the Lakes if you need some “shopping therapy”

Diane
    Free Member

Innerhaven is lovely in Innerleithen

Things to do? Could give you a list if you like. Peebles just down the road and Edinburgh 1 hour parked up.

Depends if the twins are outdoorsy

drumcove
    Free Member

Few more things to do in that area now. Try Laggan Outdoor for starters, they’re at Gatehouse of Fleet, between Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree. They’ve got mountain boarding/balling, clay pigeon shooting, archery and loads more. Dumfries is much more of a bustling town than Kirkcudbright right enough, but Kbt is nice enough in its own right! There are a few other things like charter boats for fishing, etc there but if you want decent nightlife/”bustling town” its Dumfries your after. Take Trekster up on his offer of information!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘7 Stanes: accommodation for a family holiday – any recommendations??’ is closed to new replies.