Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 7 Stane X
  • Merak

Im off down to D&G come the weekend. Ive managed round all the stanes on an MTB.
    Wondered which one, in your opinion lends itself to a X bike? Innerliethen is my preference. Mibbes Kirroghtree not sure.

James_F
    Free Member

I would say Mabie, pretty smooth

Merak

Nice one James. Mabie and Ae are doable in the one sitting, a good call. :mrgreen:

mattstreet

Not a Stane, but Drumlanrig?

GW
    Free Member

innerleithen’s too dusty for an X bike

Merak

Bit rooty Drumlanrig. Im picturing sun drenched fast smooth, open single track. In reality it will be horizontal rain and windswept mud fest, it always is when I have a day off. 😀

James_F
    Free Member

On second thoughts, maybe Kirroughtree red/black would be more fun – it’s 31k in all and most of it is fast and fairly smooth. There’s bit’s on the black you might walk on a cross bike but should be mostly doable. Last time I was at Ae it was pretty rough but I think they’ve done a bit of work on it since. Don’t think it’s up there with Kirroughtree/Glentress/Innerleithen as one of the better centres though.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Glentress and Inners are both fine on a cross bike.

James_F
    Free Member

…Or do Glentress blue, which is mostly ‘fast, smooth open singletrack’ and the red in one day, and then Innerleithen the next day. But not sure if you’ve got one or two days free

Merak

Ah, cheers for the feedback guy’s. I guess they are all do-able, just a case of choosing which will give the smile factor. I have only Monday to play with. Could do Glentress and Innerliethen in the one sitting too.

Ahh decisions………!

BoardinBob

In reality it will be horizontal rain and windswept mud fest, it always is when I have a day off

Forecast is suitably grim this weekend 8)

Northwind

Never done Innerleithen on a cross bike but it rides lovely on my rigid XC bike- better than GT.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘7 Stane X’ is closed to new replies.