Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 7 pin car plug – rough fitting cost
  • rascal
    Free Member

Evening

Anyone had a 7 pin plug wired into their car boot recently…and if so roughly how much?
    There’s nothing in the boot at the mo so they ned to tap into the wiring.
    Need one putting in and can’t do it myself because of warranty on car…

Cheers

bruneep

Type of car? the plug n play stuff is simple to do.

hammyuk
    Free Member

If you are not doing yourself then a “plug and play” may well be cheaper
    Factor in the cost of the plus, cable, connectors and labour against simply plugging it in.

rascal
    Free Member

It’s a Kia Ceed…forgive my ignorance but what’s ‘plug n play’?
    Car still has a fair bit of warranty – I don’t want them to point the finger at this and invalid it for whatever reason down the line….they need the slightest excuse sometimes….

hammyuk
    Free Member

Plug and play is what it says – open the boot and “plug it straight in” to the existing harness – maybe see how much the dealer one is?

bruneep

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/kia-ceed-hatch-7-pin-dedicated-wiring-kit-sept-2009-may-2012-19100524rc.html#.UP8XYSczzjI

Don’t know what yr or model but quick google came up with this.

I wouldn’t hack into lines, plug n play is the easiest and safest way to do it.

rascal
    Free Member

bruneep – thanks for the link though I think I’ll get a pro to sort it – I will bugger the car up no doubt!
    Will phone a few bods and Kia tomorrow to see what’s what.

Cheers all

falkirk-mark

I looked at a dedicated harness for mine it was the one that needed the car to be programmed by the dealer as opposed to the splice and relay wire it yourself type.

falkirk-mark

I looked at a dedicated harness for mine it was the one that needed the car to be programmed by the dealer as opposed to the splice and relay wire it yourself type.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘7 pin car plug – rough fitting cost’ is closed to new replies.