Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • 6Music unlistenable in the mornings
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I only have to hear Cerys for a few seconds and I want to throttle her.

binners

Saint Etienne. Perfect on a Friday morning. I love LaLa 😀

scuttler

Saint Etienne. Perfect on a Friday morning. I love LaLa

I love Sarah.

Can’t believe all the scathing criticism of 6Music presenters and no mention of M-A-H, by far the worst offender.

iPlayer rerun of Nemone’s Electric Ladyland is worth a listen as it’s normally on after my bed time. Of course no use if you rely on an aerial and transistor radio set.

monkfish
    Free Member

Apparently they’ve also had a festival, why they failed to mention it is beyond me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly wrong,

Only the alarmclock was harmed (and some minor damage to a wall which was an inocent bystander). We were picking bits of it out of the carpet for months.

We had a psycometric test thingy at work to see how we react to stress, I came out as being right in the middle which apaprently meant I’ll mould myself to ballance with anyone else who’s more extream one way or the other in a group (i.e. if the group is all ‘dooers’ I’ll be a ‘thinker’, or vice versa). And exhibiting almost no peronality change when stressed. Which sounds lovely. But apparently what it means in reality is I won’t give any clue that I’m stresses untill one day I snap. I’m the mild-mannered quiet guy on the news that no one has a bad word to say about, who shot the entire office one day because the coffee machine didn’t work!

toby1

If Keavney killed off the Matt the news reader intros and daft impressions and concentrated on talking about music as well as playing it the show would be significantly improved!

Hawkins, Jesus – how anyone can listen to him talk and not punch him I don’t know, there’s something so wrong with is speech pattern.

But if you think for a minute listening to the haircut on legs that is Nick Bloody Grimshaw is a better alternative then just end it all now, there’s no point continuing.

racefaceec90

i have always had a big crush for katie puckrik 😳 🙂

tacopowell
    Free Member

In response to the OP,

Couldn’t agree more, I tend to put up with Ads and listen to Absolute until 10.

Needs someone fresh not outright depressing,
    His voice is like nails down a chalkboard!

EDIT; Don’t mind a bit of Chris Evans in the morning.

freddyg
    Free Member

+1 for Gideon Coe – he was great when on in the afternoon.

IMHO, they should never have got rid of Phil Jupitus. Despite his other job as a comic-type-person, he was great on the morning show. His passion for music really showed.

tthew

Apparently they’ve also had a festival, why they failed to mention it is beyond me.

That really boiled my piss for a few weeks. They do appear to have toned it down a little now.

Keaveney’s OK, Hawkins is bloody awful. Wish I didn’t have to get up so early.

lemonysam
    Free Member

They do appear to have toned it down a little now.

Jolly good, I’ve not had it on since the Liz Kershaw adverts started being played on repeat. She’d be first against the wall in my cull of presenters.

chakaping
    Free Member

IMHO, they should never have got rid of Phil Jupitus. Despite his other job as a comic-type-person, he was great on the morning show. His passion for music really showed.

Hear hear.

Probably the the nicest person I ever had to interview in my time as a newspaper reporter. Almost couldn’t get him off the phone after we got onto the subject of GLR / BBC London (which he worked on then), seemed to really love the job and was so excited about playing music on the radio.

CountZero

+1 for Gideon Coe – he was great when on in the afternoon.

I’m not entirely sure they ‘got rid’ of Jupitus, I think he wanted to go and do other stuff.
    He was good though, phoned me back after I sent a text asking about a track he played, was chatting for several minutes. Top bloke.
    Hawkins does irritate me just because of his voice, and Keaveney with his whittering on, and attempts to be funny, but when I’m working in the mornings I’m usually a few feet away from my little Pure radio, and I can’t actually hear what he’s saying, so I’m not bothered.
    LaLa, though; be still, my beating heart!
    But then, I’ve had a bit of a thing for Miss Laverne since her Kenickie days, she was really funny back as a teenager.
    And gorgeous.

chakaping
    Free Member

So we’re agreed then?

Laverne, Cerys and Jupitus taking shifts, eight hours a piece, 24 hours a day.

They can have a bit of time off when Craig Charles or Tom Robinson do their shows.

terrahawk
    Free Member

it’s going rapidly downhill. presenters are all annoying IMO apart from Craig Charles…but that’s more to do with the music he plays than owt else.
    Cerys seems to try to pretend she’s well into the most obscure drivel ever and as for her voice….
    Liz Kershaw can f-off.
    So can Keavney.

Everything on a Sunday is unlistenable weird crap.
    The whole station seems to repeatedly spend a couple of weeks sticking their tongue down the back of some music deity’s trousers – at the moment it’s Iggy Pop but the worst one I can remember was the David Bowie one. A truly cringe-worthy episode of sycophantic bum-crawlery.

I’ve switched to Team Rock Radio now. That’s ace!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I like Keaveny, find his faux shambolic style quite funny but then I only hear about 20-30mins each day. L Kershaw is mince always wittering on about how she never had curtains and Northern Girl in London shyte. Don’t like Maconie and find Marc Riley’s challenging interview style quite funny, why anyone lets him interview them i don’t know.
    Gid Coe, Lauren L, Tom Robinson, Don Letts all top of their game, love the music the Craig Charles plays but find him a bit irritating. There is however no half decent alternative to R6. R1 and to lesser extent R2 are so poor. Haven’t listened to Local Radio for 20 years.

I find that when you listen to one dj or station too much it does get anoying. The R6 festival was a complete waste of time, endlessly trailed and then all they ever did was play the Damon Albarn masterbatory crap at all the key times, musy have heard the screeching abour 8 times, even turned to Kerrang at one point. Yet only one snippet of Kelis!!WTF?

slowoldman

Radio 3 is pretty good.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

Radio 3 is pretty good.

No it’s not, but I do think they should move all the “special” shows from R2 on there, show tunes etc R3 should be a “niche” music station instead it’s dedicated to just classical music and jazz yet we still get that on R2.
    R2 should sit somewhere between R1 and 6music IMO.

zippykona

As long as they care about the music they play give them a job.
    Keavney’s sole purpose is to get on a programme on Dave.

chakaping
    Free Member

No it’s not, but I do think they should move all the “special” shows from R2 on there, show tunes etc R3 should be a “niche” music station instead it’s dedicated to just classical music and jazz yet we still get that on R2.
    R2 should sit somewhere between R1 and 6music IMO.

Interesting comment, I was thinking similar the other day and I wouldn’t be suprised if they do go that way.

As it is, R2 is possibly trying to be too many things to too many people and the schedule’s a bit of a dog’s dinner.

redstripe
    Free Member

can’t stand him either, radio 4 till 10am, safe after that

IdleJon

terrahawk – Member

I’ve switched to Team Rock Radio now. That’s ace!

Every time I try it they are playing US hair rock, so I have to turn it over.

It’s not saying much but the R6 Radcliffe/Maconie/fireman love-in a few weeks ago was the funniest thing I’ve heard on the radio for years.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The brown nosing does my head in too.

Used to love Adam and Joe. Tom Ravenscroft I like too.

Terry Hall was great recently too, but I am a fan, which stopped it being depressing.

muzz
    Free Member

sorry can’t take Cerys seriously after she fell in love on that desert island to the meathead from eastenders

choppersquad
    Free Member

Don’t really understand people who moan about radio/TV stations. If you don’t like it, turn over.
    I like him in the mornings. Makes me smile usually.

boxelder

Amuses me on the way to work, but then as a whinging teacher I’m too busy working to listen or post opinions on here.

ourmaninthenorth

If I had time in my life I’d learn how to create an app that intelligently selected between my preferences between Radios 3, 4 and 6. At the same time.

FWIW I rarely listen to 6 in the day. It does very little for me. Far too dad rock and too obsessed with the past. Letts, Matthews, Riley and Robinson best of the bunch. Occasionally Charles.

Most hated are Keavney, Hawkins, Morgan and Cocker.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘6Music unlistenable in the mornings’ is closed to new replies.