Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 6ft Doubles
  • eulach

Or any doubles. How do you measure them? I always thought it was horizontal distance crest to crest. But it could also indicate height, or for some people, beginning of launch transition to end of landing transition. And drops, can you turn a 6′ drop in into an 8′ drop by landing further down the transition? Or do people just exaggerrate (well, actually I might have done this(but only once))?

passtherizla
    Free Member

I measure them from lip to lip.. or the gap.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Has to be the distance you need to cover doesn’t it? Otherwise doubles would measure differently to a tabletop or a gap jump.

Aren’t all three just different names for the bit you don’t actually use?

scaredypants

is anyone there to see what you jumped ? If not, apply the “double” aspect to the true size 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Normally measure in inches convert to feet

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Real feet or pink bike feet?

wwaswas

Normally measure in inches convert to feet

I got some wicked air off a kerb the other day.

The hang time was measured in, like, picoseconds.

DrP

Whatever method you use to measure, make sure you include the “Internetz factor”* when posting online.

DrP

*The internetz factor is a multiplier of 2 / (160 – suspensiontravel) x (whether you were seen or not) + number of bones broken.

I.e. a 4 foot gap can easily become a legitimate 16 foot canyon kicker with sharks, if you enter the figures correctly.

nwill1
    Free Member

Don’t use measurements, i refer to jumps/drops as nothing, small, average, pretty big, big, huge, crazy & stupid only problem is that its subjective.

Problem with doubles is you can have an average set that’s a couple of ft high and 15ft in distance, not a massive deal however if the the lip and landing was 6 ft high with a 15 ft distance it’s a whole different beast and I’d say that’s big!

jedi

take off lip to transition lip

I_Ache
    Free Member

I agree with the lip to lip on jumps.

As for the drops, I would say that if its a proper 6ft drop I would call it a 6ft drop. But if I hit it fast and turned it into say an 8 or 10 or even more then I would have done an 8ft (or whatever) drop.

passtherizla
    Free Member

size of the take off ramp has nothing to do with it surely? might make it feel a bit scarier but the gap is still only 15 feet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘6ft Doubles’ is closed to new replies.