Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 6ft 2"ish Orange Five riders…
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

I’m a bit in-between sizes with Orange Fives. Considering getting one second hand, just wondering what size people 6ft 2″ or thereabouts went for?

The current 19″ ones would be ideal but the older ones are 18 or 20. Thanks.

jonk

My dad rides a 20 five and alpine and is 6-2, i’m 6ft and ride a 19 gyro and 18 alpine.

tony07
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot and have an 18″ old sizing frame. Any taller and I’d want to go a size up

nwill1
    Free Member

I like small bikes, I’m 5″10″ on a 17 with a 50mm stem, on longer rides with lots of climbing wouldn’t want it any shorter, as the 18 has the same TT length (apparently) as the 18 I’d say might be a little on the short side, unless you like to run a longer stem!?

chrism110
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2″ and have a 18″ five feels perfect for me

hora
    Free Member

Do you have an Office Depot nearby to help on sizing?

18″ Patriot + 6’2 = Bang tidy for me.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Cheers, I’m thinking a 20″ with a 50mm stem (or thereabouts) might work best.

Put another way, if my Cove Handjob was a full susser it couldn’t feel too long, trying to find a geometry chart online for Coves older bikes isn’t proving easy, would like to do a rough comparison.

roverpig

6 foot on a 20″ Five. I used to own an 18″ Five and feel much more comfortable (balanced) on the 20″ version. Different strokes and all that.

erny
    Free Member

6’2″ on a 20″ five and I find it perfect for me

FieldMarshall

6’2″ and have a 20″ 2009 Five with a 50mm stem.

But would think you need to consider leg length and reach rather than overall height.

pnik

I’m 6 2 I had a 2004 and now the 2012 both 20″ versions. Ive got relatively long legs so that may affect things too.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I am 6’01” and ride a 18″ 2013 Five AM. Could have gone up to the 20″ but like the slightly more compact size and ride similar sizes on all my other bikes.

ononeorange

6 2″ on one of the first ones -20″.

I am also elderly and creaky if that helps.

gamo
    Free Member

6’2″ here and rode a 20″ with a 50mm stem, about to advertise a really clean chrome grey 20″ for sale 😳

Shorty12
    Free Member

6 2 and had a 20″ frame

qtip

I’m 6′ and ride an 18″ 5. Would definitely go bigger if I was any taller.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’m glad they started making the 19″ size. If they had made one a few years ago I’d have one now…

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Mate is 6ft 2 and rides a 20″

sectuerfive
    Free Member

6ft2 on a 20″ five with a 50mm stem, frame and forks may be for sale soon as I am looking for something new 😀

dair86
    Free Member

6ft 3 here and I ride a 20″ had a test on both the 18 and 20 before I bought mine. The 20 is perfect for me. I felt the 18 to be far too small. Felt like a bmx on me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘6ft 2"ish Orange Five riders…’ is closed to new replies.