Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 69er Frame.
  • MADB
    Free Member

Looking for recommendations on frames that are good to build into a 69er.
    It will be my first build and its on a budget looking to spend around £150 on the frame.

The On One 456 is top of the list at the moment but what other are out there.

Cheers B.

tk46hal
    Free Member

You can't go wrong with the 456! Are you building with suspension 29er front forks because they are rare which means expensive or rigid?

MADB
    Free Member

Going to go rigid, looking at the eXotic carbon at the moment.

tazzymtb

carver 96er frame, have a look on fleabay or manchester Trev on here was selling some ex demo frames a while ago so he might have one or two

tk46hal
    Free Member

Check out the Niner carbon 29er forks on Fleabay! They could be a bargain!

taka
    Free Member

ive got a inbred 29er frame built up into a 69er and its bloody awful 😥

MADB
    Free Member

Looking to put a bid on the Niner 29er forks, they look so nice.

Taka, what so bad about your inbred, they look like they should be OK as a 69er.

Any more frame options?

Cheers B.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Isn't it better to go with a 26" frame for a 69er, rather than a 29er?

Watching the Niner fork as well…they'll go well on my Trek SS 69er 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

I would recommened seasrching out a Carver 96er. Quite tidy, they run an EBB and have optional drop outs for geared or singlespeed. Had one some years ago and they weren't expensive new.

MADB
    Free Member

Having the optional drop outs sound like a good idea as I’ve not decided on what gearing I’m going use. Not sure I could handle a single speed around West Yorkshire but it is something I’m considering, it just that cycling up and down the Air Valley is a killer even with a full set of gears.

I only run two front chain rings on my current bike so might go down to one for this build.

Any one used the Exotic 29er forks from carbon cycles and how do they far long term?

And stop talker about those forks on eBay the less of you lot know about them the more likely I am in winning them….

letmetalktomark

thats_not_my_name – Member

Isn't it better to go with a 26" frame for a 69er, rather than a 29er?

That's what I would have thought unless you buy a specific 69er frame 😕

Mattbike

I've used a 26" On-one Scandal frame with 425mm axel to crown 26" exotic forks with discs for my 69er. It works fine, geometry is great and there's plenty of clearence for a 29 inch wheel and tyre up front.

MADB
    Free Member

Mattbick- how did you find that fork and how did they last?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm thinking of having a go at this with my iO at some point over winter.

I'm certain I can get a clown wheel in the rigid fork it comes with

emac65
    Free Member

29" wheel on my 26" Inbred feels nice & there's just enough clearance on the standard steel forks too ……

tk46hal
    Free Member

I should have kept quiet about the Niner 29er forks on Fleabay! Have you seen how much they're at now!

Mattbike

The fork is good. Can't comment on the carbon exotics, this one's aluminium. But it's still light weight and has coped with everything I've riden on it including the final decent of skyline. I think their forks are good value.

coastkid
    Free Member

if your on a budget, i just discovered a bit of a bargin 29er 100mm suss fork,got them yesterday for my karate monkey,
    if i say suntour your gonna think-cheap tack but have a look at these;suntour epicon 100mm
    alloy stantions,steerer tube,lockout and 15mm through axle for £189.00

handy to have a hope pro 2 front hub as just need the 15mm spacer kit,
    had a quick ride on them tonight and they feel just like a rockshok reba but £100 cheaper
    heres a link to my blog on the forks,be interesting how they work out for reliability etc… suntour 29er fork

im knocking up a 69er SS soon for winter riding using the now spare karate monkey fork and a minted kona huma huma (massive name) frame i got on ebay for £75…

need to be a v brake on the back but should be a fun bike 😮

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘69er Frame.’ is closed to new replies.