Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 69er / 96er wonderings
  • firestarter
    Free Member

so sat here bored thinking of what to do with my spare fox floats and i was thinking my float 140 a to c are 510mm and the middle of wheel to outer tyre edge seems to be about 340mm so 850mm in total my surly 29er are 470mm a to c and wheel seems to be 370mm so 840mm.

so if i ran it at 20mm sag they would only be 10mm shorter than my current set up

so any reason i couldnt stick my fox 140mm forks and my 26" front wheel on the front of my karate monkey 29er

anyone done it, any thoughts, i thought it might be fun to try something different

ton

i am just off out to start a series of fires in north leeds…… 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

lol im not at work mate im baby sitting (tho our lass says as they are mine its technically not baby sitting. bloody women lol) oh im east leeds too 😉

its only as i had no takers to my floats for their 29er forks that got me thinking

wors

Ill swap you the contents of my wallet for them 😀

ratherbeintobago

(tho our lass says as they are mine its technically not baby sitting. bloody women lol)

She's right. It's called 'parenting' 😛

Andy

firestarter
    Free Member

i know andy its just ive always called it babysitting 😉 seems odd calling it owt else

jase i may mail you tomorrow im a bit undecided tbh if i want to keep the 07 floats i have or the 09 talas . the talas are fitted at the min but i never adjust the travel and they are worth more than the floats.

bloody bikes lol

tazzymtb

floats for their 29er forks that got me thinking

just get some 29er lowers and frankenfork them They'll make a lovely 100mm 29er fork

firestarter
    Free Member

Mmm interesting idea I shall have to have a look around for some info 😉

tazzymtb

I've done it with rockshox reba and revelation forks and the Swede of here as just done some fox's

firestarter
    Free Member

I think I'll give him a shout cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘69er / 96er wonderings’ is closed to new replies.