Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 67.5er
  • lalazar
    Free Member

Was just wondering what with all the changes in wheel sizes has anyone tried a 67.5er ?
    So 26″ frame and 26″ rear wheel but with 27.5 wheel or fork combo. Any experiences or thoughts ?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Works well on some bikes. You can squeeze a 650b front wheel into a 26″ forks, depending on the tyre/wheels/fork combo. Rock Shox is a complete no-go though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I stuck a cyclocross wheel on the front of my old Scott Strike.

It brought the trails to life.

Actually it didn’t make much difference except the tyre rubbed the fork brace a bit

LoCo
    Free Member

Did a 650 front 26 rear on the albert and 29er front 650 rear on a 26″ remedy, trek is now getting 650 front and albert back to 26 front and rear. maygo 650 front again when I get a better wheel or go 650 front and back on that too as loads of room on rear end to accomodate the bigger wheel. 😀

lalazar
    Free Member

How did the Remedy go with those changes LoCo ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah pretty good, on steep and very fast stuff, (rear shock was machined to 183mm eye to eye to lower bb) mentally slack 64 degree HA with 150 rockshox pikes on.
    Just felt that it would be a touch better for ‘riding around’ with 650 on front and slightly steeper headangle. The 29er front and angles meant you had to be going wrp speed to feel like you had to actually try, which frankly is a touch boring and is going to hurt when it goes wrong 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘67.5er’ is closed to new replies.