Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 661 veggie knee protection ?
  • Bunnyhop

I'm in no way a gnarly, down hilling, type rider. More a pootling enjoying the scenery type.
    So will these give me enough protection around the rocky trails that are my local riding spots?
    Are they comfortable for a few hours xc riding too?
    One last question what is the sizing like? I already have the small elbow guards, as my legs and arms are on the slim side I have to wear them upside down, which wouldn't be ideal for the knee pads.

bruneep
    gator
    Free Member

I think there is a size guide on CRC ?

I have medium – just a tad tight – so velcro on the last grip
    I tried large and they were too baggy (for my liking)

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Veggies are horrid for all day riding. The crease on the back pintches the back of your knee. Go for Kyle Straits.

slowrider
    Free Member

kyle straits are a lot comfier than veggies, better protection too. as above, use youth sizes maybe?

my personal view on knee pads is that if it doesnt have a hard plastic cup then its not really that good at protecting you. even at slower speeds an awkward fall on to rocks could do you some damage. i use tomcats for this very reason and have actually found them to be comfier all day that the kyle straits, seems that the plastic cup on the knee holds them just off my kneecap so stops them chafing.

nbt

It depends why you want protection – is it to stop you hurting yourself when you fall off, or to stop you turning your shins into mincemeat with nice sharp pedals? If the latter, consider something longer with protection for the shin and calf as well

Del

+1 kyle straits. wear them all day. if you get any rub, a bit of sudocream helps a lot.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Try the 661 Evo's -very comfy – perfect for the riding you describe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘661 veggie knee protection ?’ is closed to new replies.